HCK or SFF

standingzero

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey fellas,
Not trying to start a war or anything, but I'd appreciate your input. I'm looking to spend 100 bucks on a gi and have narrowed it down to two brands:

1. HCK Competition
2. SSF Pro or Comp

I already have an ATAMA single so I'm good for hot/humid conditions. This gi would be used for both training and competing year round ACCEPT for hot and humid days. I contacted Ron from SSF and he said he prefers the Pro over the Comp, and instead of bugging him some more I was hoping to get some feedback from some of his users.

And yes, I have searched this forum as well as others to hear what the general consensus is... but am still unsure which to go for.

Thanks for the help^^

dont have ssf

but i have hck comp single and love it

I have all 3 gis mentioned and I like the Pro because it gets to be over 100 degrees in our gym in the summer time. HCK makes a great gi. You will be happy with any of the 3.

www.SSFgear.com

people have been ranting about SSF's gis. They pretty much took the best traits of other brands and implemented them into the ssf gi. The pants i heard are absofukinlutely awesome.

and nope, not a shill for ssf, haven't purchased anything from him but he's always been helpful.

Got the SSF comp gi.....its pretty cold here in Canada....and like beatdownvictim mentioned, the pants are absofukinlutely awesome indeed!!!

I like the SSF gi...great snug fit... and very thick ... hehe (I own a gameness single if it does get too hot here)..

I have all 3 gis mentioned and I like the Pro because it gets to be over 100 degrees in our gym in the summer time. HCK makes a great gi. You will be happy with any of the 3.

www.SSFgear.com

I already have a "hot weather" gi, so heat really isn't a problem. How do the thickness/mobility between the SSF comp and HCK compare?

The Comp is less stiff then the HCK. The HCK is a little harder to grip then the Comp.

www.SSFgear.com

Back