HBO and Rigondeaux

Cheese

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Heard HBO is not gonna show Rigondeaux next fight in China. Boxnation picked it up but qif HBO is gonna be there to cover the Shimua? fight why not just show Rigo's too. Is he being blackballed from HBO, might be time to jump ship.

Last edited:
this is fucked up
a true talent being wasted. Fucking shame

c'mon, it's totally understandable

Boring fighter (Andre Ward), Small fighter (Nonito), Bad timezone (Euro fights), one or maybe two can be forgiven but all freaking three?

Fuck HBO.

Hail Rigondeaux.

Boring fighter (Andre Ward), Small fighter (Nonito), Bad timezone (Euro fights), one or maybe two can be forgiven but all freaking three?

Funk's right on this one.

I actually can appreciate Rigondeaux's style but I still couldnt bring myself to watch the entire Agbeko fight. One sided fights just arent entertaining especially if the other guy isnt even trying. Rigondeaux needs to make a more honest attempt to be offensive otherwise HBO is completely in the right to not show his fights.

It's hit and dont get hit....hit comes first.

He's a bore to watch. Great skill but doesn't implement. The Rigo fanboyism in here is ridiculous. People talk about his greatness as if he was Tyson koing ppl in the ring.

On a side note he and Pedro Diaz have split.

Well, it's a shame but it's Rigs fault and he's dug his own grave here. If he actually tried to put on a good show instead of coasting he would get more exposure and be more popular. "But his opponent doesn't want to engage!" is a bullshit excuse. If his opponent doesn't want to play then he should make an effort to end the fight or at least make something happen.

Rigo's management needs to get that guy on bigger cards. No reason why that guy couldn't fight on the undercard of a Pacquiao, Marquez or Bradley or Provondnikov fight.
It's the only way he's gonna start getting some notice.

He's a bore to watch. Great skill but doesn't implement. The Rigo fanboyism in here is ridiculous. People talk about his greatness as if he was Tyson koing ppl in the ring.

A great boxer doesn't have to be knocking fools out all day. It may be more fun to watch for the layman, but I can appreciate his skill all the same.

EDIT: I do agree though, when you have your opponent so widely outclassed, you SHOULD go ahead and go for the kill and get him outta there. Doesn't discount his greatness, but it does effect his paycheck.

He was very exciting in the fight with Nonito, I don't know why he doesn't always fight like that. Maybe Nonito brought that out of him.

Rigo's career has been one of the more significant promotional fuck ups of the last few years.

No. No they don't. Nobody has ever implied he was a Tyson.

Rigo's career has been one of the more significant promotional fuck ups of the last few years.

This. Arum is a hoe.

Maybe if he wasn't getting pushed aside in favour of Gilberto Ramirez Sanchez and fucking Zou Shiming it would be understandable. Sanchez is a decent prospect but mostly an unknown and fighting a very average opponent, and no one gives a shit about Zou outside of China. He's a flyweight with a goofy hyperactive amateur style and no power, that (unless he improves drastically) would get thrashed by any top 10 fighter in his division.

Sure, Rigo could do alot to be more entertaining and the last round against Donaire showed he had killer instinct and could fight aggressively, but either way, he still is one of the best in the game today, and him getting blackballed like this is a joke.

It's not even his fault he's boring.... When guys get reduced to shelling up and not throwing anymore, how is it his fault? His style certainly isn't what I look for in my favorite boxers, but Rigo is no where near my least favorite to watch.

Guys who hold a lot are by far worse. Guys with absolutely no pop are worse unless they face a huge puncher.

He threw more punches than Donaire and had him running in the 12th round, but you'll hear people bitch about Rigondeaux utterly embarrassing him without saying one negative thing about Donaire. He has consistently been matched up with low activity counter punchers, as well. Put him in there with some of the face first fodder that they gave Nonito and we might see some more action.

Donaire must be utter shit, then. He got whooped by a clearly smaller man not even capable implementing his skill.

Yeah I heard this too, and it's complete and utter bullshit. HBO will never have my respect as a legitimate Boxing channel ever again after this.

All they care about is ratings and who can sell, not the sport of Boxing or some of the true talents of the sport.

Whats shit is that Showtime isn't available from my satellite provider, so I can't even jump ship if and when he moves there, I'm stuck with HBO. Now I'll have to wait till Rigo's fight come out on YouTube...

Last edited:
Who is his trainer now then?

This is the shadiest shit in all of combat sports by a landslide.

I don't always agree with Brodus Clay, but he has this one right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back