Hayastan

loui_ludwig

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Anybody train in this school under Gene Lebell and Gokor Chivchiyan. How is the training, how much is the monthly fee, overall opinion.

Go and train there now.

Just go.

Stop reading this and go.

I cite Karo Parisyan as my main example of what the fruits of this school can produce.

Wow.. I'd love to visit that school. Gene LeBell is god.

Superbeast said:
Go and train there now.

Just go.

Stop reading this and go.

Go now, why have u train in Hayastan. I know Gene is a grappling god and it produce Karo Parisyan. But because it is a good school it does not mean i should go and signed up and train overthere, i want to know of the opinions of those who have trained there so i can decide if i want to go there.

Why not go and form your own opinion instead.

Superbeast said:
Why not go and form your own opinion instead.

Your right, but the problem is i believed they teach from 7 to 10 pm. I am sleeping by that time cause i have to wake up early for work the next morning. But by January, i will be back to my old day time schedule. Thats why i am asking for opinions, i plan to go there but not now. I just trying to narrow down the grappling schools around here in Los Angeles(I lived in Silver Lake area). Hayastan is near us, only side street. So its one of my choice. If you have any opinions, please let me hear it........

loui_ludwig said:
Your right, but the problem is i believed they teach from 7 to 10 pm. I am sleeping by that time cause i have to wake up early for work the next morning. But by January, i will be back to my old day time schedule. Thats why i am asking for opinions, i plan to go there but not now. I just trying to narrow down the grappling schools around here in Los Angeles(I lived in Silver Lake area). Hayastan is near us, only side street. So its one of my choice. If you have any opinions, please let me hear it........

Gokor is a sambo legend. Gene LeBell is the best no gi judo practitioner around. Both are known for their skills as well as unorthodox submissions. Both of them have decades of experience competing in both sport and underground fighting circles. Their top student Karo is in line for a UFC title shot, outgrappled BJJ champion Serra and he's not even 25 yet. Their school has a reputation for being technical but diverse.

If they are close to where you live, you could do a Hell of a lot worse than trying them out. Even if you don't go to a class, it probably wouldn't suck meeting these guys and getting photos with them.

Odium, http://www.gokor.com/

guys from my school go down there all the time, we are an affiliate school of hayatan. they seem to show a lot of crazy moves that don't really work, but I hear Karo is a monster on the ground so they can't be too bad.

Gokor's place is no joke. Tough guy's there. I had a guy snap my elbow durring my first month of training. Never went back after that. But I have been thinking about returning. You will get good pretty quick.

loui_ludwig said:
Go now, why have u train in Hayastan. I know Gene is a grappling god and it produce Karo Parisyan. But because it is a good school it does not mean i should go and signed up and train overthere, i want to know of the opinions of those who have trained there so i can decide if i want to go there.
Dyde just go and check it out whenever you can. Everyone here will agree that Gene is a grappling god.

loui_ludwig:
You can sleep when your dead. Go now.

Back