1. Season 7 of the International Shoop League is now active! Section A » Section B »

hayabusa v s fairtex mma fight glove

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by tekkenfan, Jun 18, 2019.

1. tekkenfan

tekkenfan Brown Belt

i have a pair of japanese style mma gloves but i wana pair of white gloves hayabusa has a cool pair i really prefer its look but curious how it stacks up to fairtex quality

trying to find a solid white pair of mma gloves with a red trim like this

https://www.athlete-x.co.nz/mma-gloves/31-white-leather-combat-gloves-3.html

i wish they had a large in stock because these look like amazing quality very close to fairtex design as well

2. H_Sakurazaka

H_Sakurazaka White Belt

Hayabusas will always be subpar in many ways to traditional Thai/Mexican/Japanese products IMO. Mainly due to the use of their 'engineered leather.' it's just marketing for synthetic leather and none of the Hayabusas gloves have lasted over a year at my last gym. What Hayabusa has going for them is innovative designs like the double loop enclosure, and the stacked wrist cuff on the Tokushu and Kanpeki lines (which does disperse energy in theory at least).

The Ikusa line is a bit different in that they use a different synthetic leather and different foams. I would stay far away from the Ikusa line.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    Rebelfett likes this.
  3. Jey

Jey White Belt

Hello, i dont know how to open my own post. Do you have any good muay thai e-shop in Thailand?

Rebelfett likes this.
  4. Kick_@ss_Seabass

[email protected]_Seabass Blue Belt

Try Bull Sport Direct. They just opened their website. Delt.with them.a few times and they are awesome.

https://bullsportsdirect.com/

Rebelfett likes this.
  5. tekkenfan

tekkenfan Brown Belt

id like to get a pair of m1 gloves they use to be made by grant they look so cool i love the white with red trim

Rebelfett likes this.
  6. DoctorTaco

DoctorTaco Breadhead

Those fairtex gloves are the only ones I reccomend to my amateur mma athletes. They are stiff, light, and offer 0 extra protection or padding to your opponents face. My tape job is good enough to keep their hands safe so any extra padding is unnecessary

Rebelfett likes this.
  7. tekkenfan

tekkenfan Brown Belt

https://www.athlete-x.co.nz/73-mma-gloves?p=2

have you seen these? these look like they are made with amazinggg quality the leather is beautiful the padding on knuckles are great i absolutely love the shape no extra padding too bad they dont have the solid white gloves in large atm or id buy a pair

Rebelfett likes this.
  8. weirdflex

weirdflex White Belt

I have pair of harbinger gloves and they are surprisingly good. Real leather, dense padding and wrist support. They are better than every MMA glove I researched except for the Thai brands.

I was quite surprised that the stuff made by rival and everlast etc all looked very poor.

Rebelfett likes this.
  9. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Green Belt

Are Primetime MMA gloves still available anywhere? They are the original crosstraining/hybrid MMA glove for amateur MMA bouts and their padding really did make a difference when you felt them side-by-side. Very high quality. Everything since has just been a low-quality copy of a copy of a copy. PT961-5.jpg 3d4d9f0f-7bf2-4c57-9123-e41dcf4391dd.jpg