Hayabusa Kanpeki 2.0 Headgear?

shamuk

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just wondering what your thoughts are on the Hayabusa Kanpeki 2.0 Headgear?

I have just ordered the Kanpeki 2.0 16oz gloves, and I'm thinking maybe get the headgear to go with them?

Or would I be better spending my money on something else?

Thanks!

Hey guys,

Just wondering what your thoughts are on the Hayabusa Kanpeki 2.0 Headgear?

I have just ordered the Kanpeki 2.0 16oz gloves, and I'm thinking maybe get the headgear to go with them?

Or would I be better spending my money on something else?

Thanks!

Well.. first of all, thanks you for you kind words Mino.
I can probably answer your question as i have the Tokushu headgear which is same as Kanpeki 2.0 headgear (except the synthetic leather vs grain leather).
I will tell you quick things about the headgear.
-Lightweight
-Good Vision
-Good Chin/Jaw protection
-Get Hot after a few rounds (to me it's no biggie)
-Average Nose protection
-Good Quality (no loose threads after 4 months of use sparring 2 times a week)
-Tight Fit with 2 velcros running perpendicularly (i guess it depends on your head size :))
-Got padding at the back
I am not sure i have listed out enough things.
Personally i like the headgear overall. Lightweight, good vision and good protection.
For now the headgear is doing the job fine. But my next purchase would be winning headgear.
If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Thanks for the replies guys!

SGFIGHTER, thanks for the info, it has really helped!

I do have a couple of questions: does the headgear stay in place well? What about after taking a big shot?

What winning headgear are going for next and is it better then the haysbusa 2.0? Can you post me a link to the winning headgear please?

All the best for 2013 guys, cheers!

Sorry for the delay. I have been busy with my work.
Anyway, i think it depends on your size of your head. 23-23.5 inch head will fit perfect in the headgear IMO. My head is a little big at around 24 inch. The headgear is a little tight. No spinning when you get shots. I have taken some heavy shots at chin area. I knew the hook was very heavy but the padding at the chin area really helped to reduce the impact. However, if you get hit by a straight rights right in the nose, you still gonna feel the impact. The cheek pads are quite thin.
For the winning headgear i will most likely to go for fg-2900 as i don't have nose problem and don't fancy face bar style headgear. And yes. I am pretty sure that winning fg-2900 is much better than hayabusa headgear according to tons of review on this forum. If you have money (if you don't, then save up), i would highly recommend winning headgear. I am saving up for one now. :)
Sorry mate. I am not good at computer stuff. You can google for keywords like "custom winning gear", "winning headgear rakuten" or "winning-usa (dot) com"
Anybody want to help to provide links? :)
Hope this helps.

One more thing. I heard some people complaining that hayabusa headgear is too big for their heads. I guess they have small heads. But before that, buy winning headgear if you have money.

One more thing. I heard some people complaining that hayabusa headgear is too big for their heads. I guess they have small heads. But before that, buy winning headgear if you have money.

Have you seen our new Pro MMA Headgear. It is not out yet, but excited to get sherdoggers and fighters views on our new headgear and how it ranks up to the winning headgear.

_MG_2979_2_f_zps8a0eb2cf.jpg

wow. it looks like winning headgear. Wonder how it will perform.
How much is the headgear?

Sorry for the delay. I have been busy with my work.
Anyway, i think it depends on your size of your head. 23-23.5 inch head will fit perfect in the headgear IMO. My head is a little big at around 24 inch. The headgear is a little tight. No spinning when you get shots. I have taken some heavy shots at chin area. I knew the hook was very heavy but the padding at the chin area really helped to reduce the impact. However, if you get hit by a straight rights right in the nose, you still gonna feel the impact. The cheek pads are quite thin.
For the winning headgear i will most likely to go for fg-2900 as i don't have nose problem and don't fancy face bar style headgear. And yes. I am pretty sure that winning fg-2900 is much better than hayabusa headgear according to tons of review on this forum. If you have money (if you don't, then save up), i would highly recommend winning headgear. I am saving up for one now. :)
Sorry mate. I am not good at computer stuff. You can google for keywords like "custom winning gear", "winning headgear rakuten" or "winning-usa (dot) com"
Anybody want to help to provide links? :)
Hope this helps.

Thank you SGFIGHTER appreciate it buddy!

I also have around a 24" head, what size winning headgear are you going for?

I am probably going for 2L. If i order L then it would be much cheaper but sizes 2L and bigger are considered as custom from rakuten. So i am saving up. For the moment i am hoping someone at my gym appears with winning headgear so that i can try it on first before i order. :)

Back