Hawks MMA 10oz Sparring gloves

Aaron Turner

Orange Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
Have many ppl tried these gloves? I've heard loadsa times that the Fairtex ones are good, but the Hawks seem to have more padding, so I wondered if any1 could give me a review... Thanks in advance :D

10oz mate? For sparring? You hate your partners that much?

The terms "10 oz" and "sparring gloves" should never, ever meet in a sentence.

what oz is used for competition- Amature

is it 14 or 10 oz

They're open handed grappling gloves. I'm not talking boxing gloves.

why do hawks have to steal hunters logo

this is worse than the nogi case

I bought a pair a few weeks ago--they seem well made --mine were chewed up by my dog about 2 weeks after I got them home.

Ouch thats evil... Did you get a chance to put them to use? If so how good is the padding?

I used them daily for about 2.5 weeks, they held up fine-good wrist support- not recommended for heavy bag work but light bags, mitts, and wrestling-they felt great. Plus they come with a set of handwraps.

those look like the kinda gloves that make your hands sweat a ton. the padding looks good but i dunno, even the open palms dont look liek they breethe well enough.

my hands sweat quickly and that might make you lose a hold.

Fight_Song said:
those look like the kinda gloves that make your hands sweat a ton. the padding looks good but i dunno, even the open palms dont look liek they breethe well enough.

All gloves make you sweat, it's part of the game.

We want gloves with sufficient padding to let you hit a training partner almost full force.

I just ordered 2 pairs of these and I'm gunna write a review when they arrive.

Thats awesome :D Look forward to reading it!!! :wink:

I'd ordered the gloves waited 3 weeks, e-mailed them to see how long it was gonna take and found out they hadn't sent them yet... Was well annoyed...
Received the gloves yesterday and to my delight found they had sent me an extra pair of gloves FREE to make up for it!!!!!
The gloves are really comfortable and the finger loops don't get in the way. The padding is great (they will obviously need to be worked in though). The wrist support is a bit dodgy, they'd probably need to be taped. The quality is great, they seem like they'd stand a beating. I'll give a more detailed review once I've used them them a few times. I'll lend the other gloves to one of my sparring partners so I'll be able to say how the padding feels on the receiving end aswel lol. I would definitely reccomend them to people looking for a sparring glove!

Fight_Song said:

The gloves are really well ventilated so sweating wouldn't be an issue really.

I already got the Hawks lol. The Ouano's aren't as padded as the Hawks. The Hawks have the most padding out of all the sparring gloves, and they're a good price.

I think their are alot better gloves that your can buy. Hawks looks like a shady company, ripping off another companies logo and their site is shady too.

The Hawks are the best Sparring gloves made. I've used every pair accept the Rogue gloves and Hawks are the best I've seen so far. I wronte full review on them on the gloves discussion thread.

Back