1. Non Gif Shoop Contest v6 Round 2 is up! Vote Here»

Having a plan for each workout.

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by Calc, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Calc White Belt

Right now I'm constantly trying to put my self in the other persons guard and try to pass it.
    I'm also only looking for a specific submission.

The reason why I'm doing this is to consentrate on a few things at the time, since I only work out twice a week.

Will this make it harder for me to later go with the flow or flow with the go?

Thanks

2. jasond Purple Belt

There's nothing wrong with handicapping yourself for a short period of time to work on a specific part of your game.

I'll pick a particularly weak position for me and purposely start every roll there. I did this with being pinned underneath scarf for 2 weeks a few months back. None of my teammates had any complaints about getting to start in a dominant position and it forced me to work on my defense and escapes from what was one of the weaker aspects of my game.

3. matador1872 Yellow Belt

Yeah, when I started for some reason I felt comfortable on my back so I stayed there until I developed a decent open guard (decnt for 6 months). Since I have started focusing on pushing my offense fromthe bottom. Also, some days all I do is try sweeps from guard and don't go for subs until I am on top.

4. Calc White Belt

Good stuff, I'll keep working like this for a while and see what happens.