Have You Gone To A FF Restaurant Just For The Fries?

I used to love Wendys soggy fries but then they changed the recipe, now they taste like crunch salt sticks just like everywhere else

Me too. The new ones are lame.

Not a FF restaurant, no, although chips are important, especially in a chippy.

My cheap meal for when I was on a budget was about £2 at the staff canteen. It would be chips, a small tub of tuna mayo, a small tub of grated cheddar cheese, I'd pour gravy on the chips, sprinkle pepper and then eat them all together, so the tuna and cheese stayed cold.

It was...surprisingly good...and the chips weren't great to begin with...
Tuna and gravy? I like some weird combos but that's madness, lol.

Lol it works out well if you keep the tuna in a pot on the side until the gravy covered chip is on the fork...

I'm not a fan of hot tuna, so I tried to keep it off the hot plate...

I preferred the combo with a jacket potato, cooked with goose fat, but chips were a good substitute...

I am, I'm addicted to 5 Guys Cajun fries so after work that's where I'm headed.

McDonald's is another one.

you know it playuh

In n Out for the animal fries

Wienerschnitzel for chilli fries

jack in the box for the curly friess

And most importantly the local Taco spot for the delicious Carne asada fries

latest

I don't think any fast food place has good fries or chips. The best is KFC in Australia or Czechia. Other than that, they are pretty average everywhere else. You got to go niche or to a restaurant for proper chips (or atleast a fish and chip shop)

I agree they're great with BBQ sauce. When I make tater tots at home I also like dip in spicy Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce.
Thought I was the only one who did BBQ sauce for fries/tots. Try G Hughes, it's sugar free and amazing.

When I was a poor college student, I went to make some food and realized I had spaghetti and sauce, but no beef or sausage. My friend who was a line cook then (chef now) told me to let him handle it. He made spaghetti with tuna. I know he used quite a bit of garlic and onion, but honestly, it was so much better than I expected it to be.

Don't eat fries, of any kind. They are called coffin nails for a reason.

Only McDonald's. Most fast food places have terrible fries now imo.

What? Thats cigarettes that are called that.

Yep, cigs and french fries both are called coffin nails. Seriously, don;t eat french fries very much.

In the study, the team of researchers from England, Italy, Spain and the U.S. looked at data from 4,400 people between 45 and 79 years of age, and followed their dietary patterns and health over eight years. By the end of the study period, 236 of the participants had died.

Eating more potatoes in general didn’t do anything bad in and of itself—but when the type of preparation of the potatoes was taken into account, the team found that fried potatoes of any kind, including French fries and hash browns, twice a week or more did increase the mortality risk. And it increased it by twofold.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/aliceg...health-risks-of-french-fries/?sh=763eecbe1bdf

Here is a Newsweek story saying eating two hamburgers would be better than eating a fry.
https://www.newsweek.com/want-feel-full-eating-two-burgers-better-your-health-ordering-fries-703538

th

Now, as we know French fries are extremely high in fat, oil and starch content, so they can cause obesity, high cholesterol, high blood pressure and heart ailments, all of which are very dangerous diseases. However, there is another deadly diseases that is linked to French fries - cancer!

There are even worse foods, but yea, I would reccommend you be careful eating french fries.

Back