Have you ever shot a real gun in your life?

This isn't about me. It's about your insecurities.

Why do you feel the need to seek validation and praise on a karate forum?
This thread is about guns, not your opinion on other people's guns.
Unsure why his post triggered you so much? You come off as an indoctrinated child, like the Greta of guns lmao

Yep. First gun I ever shot was my dad's 41 magnum Super Blackhawk when I was around 12 or 13. Still my favorite gun that I've ever shot. Wish I had it. You could shoot the dick off a humming bird with that thing. Unfortunately the ammo is hard to come by in that caliber.
I think one with a scope was used in an 80s or 90s action movie. Someone made a comment about having the scope on a revolver, and a kid's dad just said, it's a very accurate handgun.

Plenty of times. A lot of different stuff at indoor ranges (deagle, ARs, glocks, shotguns). We used to go hunt partridge with the 410 shotguns in younger days which was hella fun. And some of the best stew I've ever eaten.

I'm not a gun guy or hunter really but lots of friends who are over the years and theyve taken me out to the local outdoor ranges numerous times as well. Definitely fun times.

Yeah much prefer the older traditional one piece bows.

Favourite 3 are recurved long and short/horse which is all generally shoot. Along with a lower poundage short bow to learn to shoot offhand

Mates have lower lbs recurve 2 piece ones ( fibre glass limb removable ). Which realistically are provably better. But there's something about wood and oldschool feel to me that I far prefer. [ plus increased lbs ]

Plus I can punch impressive holes with the longbow hah.

But they're flat out firing 5 arrows through it whereas I can shoot it all day.

I always intended to get a good composite / compound [ always get the the terms mixed up ]. But honestly I prefer the older stuff to much to get much value from one.

View attachment 1036462

Longbow is a Lil over 6 foot unstrung I think.
Nice. I used have a few recurves like 25 years ago. I even had one that was called a jet bow. Plastic but worked well. Used to shoot around the shores of the river grand in Texas.

I normally go for revolvers over automatics but I need a carry gun and this one is terrific.
Yeah...its a great little gun and so easy to conceal...I can wear almost anything with it and its highly concealable and easy to get at if needed.

This thread is about guns, not your opinion on other people's guns.
Unsure why his post triggered you so much? You come off as an indoctrinated child, like the Greta of guns lmao

Chad is a giant butthole. He has made the mistake of coming at me in a disrespectful way in several other threads. Has nothing to do with guns. I am a gun owner with a conceal carry permit.

Yes we have several ranges here but when I want to shoot something crazy or unique I go to the las vegas ranges like battlefield vegas they have a crazy selection in full auto too.

Last edited:
I shot my snub nose today. I've gotten pretty good at hitting from the longest distance the indoor range allows. Kinda funny how I transitioned to being able to hit well with it.

I let YouTube really get in my head about the differences between revolvers and glocks, and let the cowboys try to show me other ways of pulling the trigger and so on. Turned out the best way for me to shoot was to ignore the differences and just shoot it like it is a glock. Not change my technique at all. I'm a little less accurate but still perfectly acceptable.

I had 100 rounds of 38 special today. I shot some at all the ranges from 5 to 20 yards, some point shooting (without using the sights), shots from low ready, and some rapid fire into the A-box. It was pretty fun

Edit: I said "not change my technique at all" but that is an overstatement. Thumbs go lower so I don't get that draft from the cylinder on them.

Last edited:
@Pancake Sprawl

I've seen some figures about the pigs in Alberta/Manitoba/Saskatchewan that indicate even if you kill 65% of the population each year, it still grows in size.

<6>

same, i heard similar things in Hawaii. you have to kill at least 70% of the population JUST to keep it in check. it sucks because you have to resort to poaching if you really want to stop the pig population in Hawaii. the local government does nothing about it and always refers you to the "Pig Hunting Association" which is literally just a bunch of volunteer hunters who catch pigs for donations. the problem with that is a lot of pig hunters DON'T want to eradicate the pigs because it's apart of their livelihood and they enjoy the sport, and they almost always only trap/kill individual pigs which really does nothing to the population. you need to catch the entire herd in one go or it's a lost cause.

I shot my snub nose today. I've gotten pretty good at hitting from the longest distance the indoor range allows. Kinda funny how I transitioned to being able to hit well with it.

I let YouTube really get in my head about the differences between revolvers and glocks, and let the cowboys try to show me other ways of pulling the trigger and so on. Turned out the best way for me to shoot was to ignore the differences and just shoot it like it is a glock. Not change my technique at all. I'm a little less accurate but still perfectly acceptable.

I had 100 rounds of 38 special today. I shot some at all the ranges from 5 to 20 yards, some point shooting (without using the sights), shots from low ready, and some rapid fire into the A-box. It was pretty fun

Edit: I said "not change my technique at all" but that is an overstatement. Thumbs go lower so I don't get that draft from the cylinder on them.
What snubby do you have? I had a S&W 642 Airweight years ago and it wasn't fun to shoot at all. DAO and a really heavy trigger. And this was just the .38 version.

Yeah...its a great little gun and so easy to conceal...I can wear almost anything with it and its highly concealable and easy to get at if needed.
What situations have you been in where you need to pull your weapon in public? Holy shit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back