Social Have you ever been in a rumble/brawl?

Have you ever been in a rumble/brawl?

• Total voters
We having a Westside memory sir? Lol

I've never seen the movie, except for clips. The only 2 musicals I ever liked or watched was Wizard of Oz and Grease. Would only ever watch Wizard of Oz again. Not into musicals.

But the thought of 2 rivals gangs snapping their fingers in rhythm as they're about to "battle" is funny to me.

If only the crips and bloods would break out into the robot to solve their issues.

As a kid sure. I played football ran track and wrestled and we were down for taking on opposing HS at a party or whatever. Nothing gangland style though. Just good clean fun where about most hurt someone got was broken nose/hand. This is 1980s we didn't curb stomp or pull knives and shit. There was edicate involved. Kicking was a big no no lol.

As an adult no. No one's ever picked a fight with me and I don't go looking.

Last edited:
I've never seen the movie, except for clips. The only 2 musicals I ever liked or watched was Wizard of Oz and Grease. Would only ever watch Wizard of Oz again. Not into musicals.

But the thought of 2 rivals gangs snapping their fingers in rhythm as they're about to "battle" is funny to me.

If only the crips and bloods would break out into the robot to solve their issues.

Fair enough.
People die in westside story though, so it's not all snapping fingers sir lol.

Several times, although there's been multiple occasions of a rumble suppose to happen, but nothing panning out back in 8th grade and high school. I would say the craziest one was outside a night club in Hawaii in like 2001. A large group of us vs a large group of other guys. . It was more sad then anything, because the other guys were regular club goers too. Unnecessary fighting and potentially making enemies because of some punk ass guys in both groups. Cabbage was there too and I think he was with BJ Penn (didn't know who BJ was back then). Cabbage was yelling and calling out some guys in our group.

My entire teens/early-mid 20s I hung around with a bunch of punks at times. If I could go back I wouldn't associate with most of these idiots. Even once at a bar in Walnut Creek, CA (back in like 2006-2007). One of the guys with us (that I barely knew) picked a fight with a MMA fighter (apparently he fought in the UFC). After we left 2 of those guys ran towards are when we just got into our SUV. Kicked a dent in it and we drove off. Thank goodness it wasn't my car. The guy with us that started it wanted to turn around and "get them." What a fucking idiot. I told him bro don't be stupid we would all get wrecked. We should have dropped his ass off back to the bar and left.

We used to do a lot of dog piles in middle school.

I remember one time it got out of hand.

I restrospect, a bunch of us kids should've been arrested that day.
<6>
We used to play bone tag in grade five. We would chase the girls around and pin them up against the fence or whatever and hump them..

Once in high school. Was quick and chaotic but the aftermath was worse. People from both sides going around looking for revenge.

Once inside a club, another in a club parking... first was interrupted by bouncers, second we "won" i guess

Hated both, first one in particular because was'nt even clear who was "them" and who was just in the club plus i got suckerpunched a lot

First one also i even missed how it started as i was minding my business, at some point everybody was just throwing hands and a very big guy of my friends group got instant jumped by 3-4 of them

If a 6 on 6 fight that happened because 2 groups were drunk counts and one bumped someone while walking by, yes

If a similar scenario happened inside a bar once and the bouncers intervened and took our side(we were regulars vs some coked up university kids) then also yes.

I went 5v1 and I was the 1 and lost the fight, most of my sense of smell too, and a handful of neurons.

Only once, I was drunk as a skunk a coked out of my mind. A friend said I threw a dolley at a bus full of Daggy’s, but I don’t remember any of it.
2AE41B24-7FBE-4D01-B522-FB98B7A470AA.jpeg

I once saw this gang snapping their fingers in harmony and then all of a sudden they broke out into a dance number.

I also seen this black fella stop 2 gang leaders from stabbing each other. He walked in between them and started dancing, and would you believe it, those 2 gang leaders started dancing right along with him.

Were they included as codefendants in his child molestation cases ?
Because it sounds like they should. Only a true child molester would behave so.

It is known.

Fought a ton growing up, but I grew up in an era where it was almost always one on one, if guys had a beef.

You could be alone and fight a guy with 10 friends present and they would not get involved other than to pull off the winner before serious harm was done.

That said in Grade 5 we almost had a laughable brawl situation. People from my catholic school was always fighting with the two proximate Public schools, it just was what was done. And somehow a rumour spread that lots of kids from the two public schools were coming for us all.

I remember my best friend i looking in his garage to see what we could bring that the teachers would not take away and i grabbed an extra bike chain and put it in my bag and he grabbed his baseball bat, glove and ball.

After school the public school kids did show up in huge numbers. Easily more than a hundred of them. They surrounded the entire school and our school would not let any kids leave due to fear of them being attacked. It was laughably funny in hindsight but the police did have to get called to disperse the kids who had pushed one of our gym teachers when he went out and yelled at the kids to go home.

Yes with a bunch of black dudes that were pissed that a bunch of white guys tore them up in a basketball game. it was a complete stomp in our favor as we had guys that wrestled on our side.

Back