Have we even seen Ronda enough TIME to evaluate her game?

cpirish

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Last 2 or 3 years, her octagon time is measured in couple hundred SECONDS. SECONDS.

Her judo/sub combinations are unparalleled, but...

I feel like I know nothing of her wrestling.
I feel like I know nothing of her jiu jitsu.
Her striking seems good, albeit wild.

All that matters is wins, and quick, but to be honest, it is hard to evaluate her as an overall fighter.

Holy shit, we don't have to listen to Meisha and Mr. Tate for a few months, thank god. This is better than xmas! Even if the Holm fight is TERRIBLE...she has looked so timid and old and slow in the UFC. Honda is going to kill her. Either way, hopefully the Tates will retire to Bellator, I cant stand either of them. War Honda!

As for her striking, wrestling, bjj...

bjj is just one style, and a good Judoka trumps a BJJ fighter anytime. Judo is a much better and more complete system. Why do you think someone like Sakurabai or Yoshida could take on the Gracie's in their prime with no BJJ. Same with wrestling and striking. Judo is a COMPLETE system. You don't need to be someone that knows 10 different styles. Like Bruce Lee said, he doesn't fear the man who practices 10,000 kicks...he fears the man who practices a kick 10,000 times. Or as Pai Mei himself said (the guy Gordon Lui played in Kill Bill, the legend that all the white haired old masters are based on...He said the same, that a master of a single style is always going to destroy someone who is well rounded. We are finally seeing this with Honda.

Do you have split personality or something?

Last 2 or 3 years, her octagon time is measured in couple hundred SECONDS. SECONDS.

Her judo/sub combinations are unparalleled, but...

I feel like I know nothing of her wrestling.
I feel like I know nothing of her jiu jitsu.
Her striking seems good, albeit wild.

All that matters is wins, and quick, but to be honest, it is hard to evaluate her as an overall fighter.

I got this for you its not hard at all she is good at one aspect of the game. She does not have a mma skill set and if you train or have been to some gyms you'll see 15 year olds with better striking which she has none yes she ko a girl while wildly winging not breathing and no technical anything on her punches it's easy to look good when your opponent is horrible . She does not deserve to be on the p4p list the level of her competition compared to any champ is a joke!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back