Have there been fighters who had a special talent, but just never enjoyed fighting/getting hit?

First of we should make the point that no fighter likes getting hit.

i don't know, Samoans seem not to mind it sometimes.
tumblr_pepafnAlnD1u2ragso3_500.gif
tumblr_pepafnAlnD1u2ragso4_500.gif
tumblr_pepafnAlnD1u2ragso2_500.gif

I thought Karo's main issue was just laziness. People talked about how he was incredibly talented but didn't enjoy doing cardio.
He was talented. And I thought when he got into a dog fight. He didnt want it. In Judo, you dont get punched in the face... or when he fought Diego and get his tooth flying in the 2nd row.

Jake Paul got hit for the first time in the Fury fight and he didn't like it at all. Went back to his bullshit circus matches. He doesn't qualify though because he's not actually talented in any way.
Jake is just talented enough to be a multi-millionaire at 26, if only all of us could be so limited .

Jake is just talented enough to be a multi-millionaire at 26, if only all of us could be so limited .
I think he does more bad than good for society. Just my personal take. I don’t take kindly to narcissists. That’s just how I’m made up. I don’t consider wealth or youth a talent.

Imo

The ultimate example of this is Warlley Alves

Super athleatic fighter with lots of neat skills. But he's the complete opposite of a natural fighter.

BlueAccurateBlackfly-size_restricted.gif

Haha this guy misses the point just to make the ridiculous statement that riches and popularity take talent.

Nick Diaza absolutely hated fighting and was very vocal about it.

My first thought as well. What's strange about Brock is that it was obvious he didn't handle getting hit well, but somehow had that one fight against Carwin where he survived about 65,000 punches from one of the hardest hitters we've seen in MMA.

Brock’s aversion seemed to be psychological, which is understandable seeing as he began striking in his 30’s. I don’t think he had any physical issues eating shots with that thick neck and giant melon.

And what has Conor done during his prime years post 2018? His last win nearly 4 years ago was against washed up Donald Cerrone. <45>
Well look at your Macdonalds salary and keep adding 0s until you can't count anymore.

<FookIsThatGuy>

It's a stretch to say Brock "handled Carwin power" - it was more like Brock survived and Carwin punched himself out. That was probably the biggest adrenaline dump I've ever seen.

I have never seen another fighter just turtle up when getting hit like Brock. It was the weirdest thing because Brock is a massive HW.

I agree.

He turtles but Carwin imo is the hardest hitting hw ever. Brock took that pummeling like a champ. I think if he went directly to mma, not sure who would have beat him.

I think Brock was plenty tough enough to handle being hit, it was always just his reaction to being hit that out him in peril in fights. That is difficult to control.

Back