Have non-title fights become more exciting than title fights??????

iced**

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Has the UFC become an organization where non-title fights have become more exciting and exhilarating than title fights? For example the possibility of a Belfort-Lombard fight??? Who wouldn't want to see that?? It has gotten to the point where we practically KNOW the outcome of title fights.....I mean our title holders are so dominant that it has left little to the imagination to what they will do to their up and comers. This new breed of MMA champions have a firm iron grip on their division and I don't see a single one of them letting it go with the exception of....wait...actually NOBODY!

I dislike all the . and ?.

Who taught you English?

no way. Title fights get me way more pumped up

Your fat mother who was favorable of the yard stick upon the ever so tender rear end which engorges with blood at the hint of even the slightest stimulation. And though I laid the spoken of monstrous "D" down on the loose labia majora flaps of your maternal blood she screamed at the top of her lungs for seminal fluid to roll into her cochnea. "If you know what I mean" you fucking jackass.

Testify!

Your fat mother who was favorable of the yard stick upon the ever so tender rear end which engorges with blood at the hint of even the slightest stimulation. And though I laid the spoken of monstrous "D" down on the loose labia majora flaps of your maternal blood she screamed at the top of her lungs for seminal fluid to roll into her cochnea. "If you know what I mean" you fucking jackass.

Damn.

And since we see six title fights a year...

With 370 fighters on the UFC roster, the likelihood of non-title fights being more exciting than title fights is expected. Still, nothing beats a good title fight when the #1 contender has a legit shot at winning.

What is a cochnea? Do you mean coccyx? Either way that's weird.

What an odd, poorly constructed post.

It happens MMA is so unpredictable people accuse Joe Roe and Dana White as hyping up fights. Sometimes fights look great on paper but end up being boring. Sometimes the opposite happens and under card fights turn out to be very exciting.

It's always been that way, for the most part.

The guys getting paid less put on barnburners as a general rule. These guys are fighting their asses off for bonuses and job security. At the highest level, you'll find fighters who are more calculated and meticulous in their approach to a fight. Therefore, you get slower paced fights between the guys vying for a title or even just a title shot.

Koscheck was going out there trying to take out heads, but as soon as he got a title eliminator, he went and laid on Daley for three rounds.

I usually get more nervous for a title fight, but it really just depends on styles. I can get really exited for a fight that isn't for a title.

32284080.jpg

Apparently someone isn't looking forward to Edgar v. Aldo, Dodson v. Mighty Mouse, Cain v. JDS, etc.

We'll there r a LOT more non title fights then title fights so there's bound to be one good ones.

Bit title fights make it much more worth it as there is something big on the line and also u know in the back of mind the contender might not get another shot at a belt so he's coming harder.

Fighters, styles, and hype make excitement for fights. The "problem" some people have with title fights is that some guys, like Silva, Jones and Aldo, while highly entertaining fighters, dominate their opponents so easily most of the time, some fans do t get that excited about their fights. Every now and then, though, someone like Sonnen. Ones around and convinces people he actually has a shot at beating Anderson.

That being said, it really is all about fighters, most of the time, instead of titles. Benson Henderson, for example, puts on great, entertaining fights, whether they have been for titles or not. He is one guy who can go to work for 25 minutes and never be boring. Then there is/was Chris Lytle. He wasn't a champion but his fight was always the most entertaining fight on the card.

Back