Have any of you seen the unedited version of Leon' The Professional?

ArTofF16hT1ng

Bånned
Banned
Reaction score
Apparently the theatrical release edited a lot of the scenes, like Natalie Portman's character attempting to seduce Leon' or her threatening to kill herself.

I saw it years ago. It really wasn't that much better than the edited versions. I remember hearing that all the scenes that were taken out were just because test audiences laughed at some of the scenes.

The seduction scene was like that..."I want you to be my first" ehh, this might be one of the few times the edited version is better than the original.

I saw it years ago. It really wasn't that much better than the edited versions. I remember hearing that all the scenes that were taken out were just because test audiences laughed at some of the scenes.

The seduction scene was like that..."I want you to be my first" ehh, this might be one of the few times the edited version is better than the original.

Ok, so it was more cheesy than anything?

The Portman character was written from somebody a bit older IIRC. Natalie was a young looking 13 years old, the role was supposed to be a 15/16 yr old.

Nah. I have not, but I heard about it. Apparently, that version was released in other countries; however, the version released in the U.S. was obviously altered as you indicated.

Added scenes create a more complex story, imo. My blu ray has the directors cut or whatever.

The Portman character was written from somebody a bit older IIRC. Natalie was a young looking 13 years old, the role was supposed to be a 15/16 yr old.

Portman owned it though. 13 year old girls can be really 'grown up' in those conditions.

I thought it was better that she was younger.

I agree.

pedobear.jpg

sick bastard

Probably didn't want to catch a felony charge.

I don't know if America is backwards in this regard. I'm 100% positive in every other part of the world women marry super young. Probably around 15-18. It was like this in the States too, up until about 60 years ago.

I remember my pastor's wife told me once that she knew a Thai gal of but 18 that married some island chief who was 50 years old. Everyone was happy with it cus the girl's family received amenities.

I disagree entirely with Hondata.

I loved the extended cut of Leon the Professional, and the characters were really fleshed out by the added scenes.

I cannot imagine watching the theatrical cut at this point. The film was VASTLY improved by what was included.

I love this film. Fantastically well done.

It wasn't cheesy in the least. It was extremely endearing and an emotional scene.

I am in full agreeance with this, it really ties in how important Leon was to her.

^covered my answer.

Extende version also really goes into Leon training her to be a cleaner. Had some bad ass scenes an one in particular that makes Leon's action at the end make a lot more sense.

I think I've only seen the unedited version if I'm correct. Saw it in South Korea on Tv and on Youtube earlier last year.

i think maybe they Edit the American release, but im pretty sure those scenes were part of the gen release here in Australia & prolly Europe aswell.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back