Hater mentality Diaz/McG

MarleyLynx

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
McG & Diaz are gonna get shit on for whatever happens here. It's the hater mentality. I foresee 3 options.

1) Diaz loses fast or just dominantly. Well that's not the diaz that fought Johnson! Short notice, bad record, etc.
2) Diaz has a great fight and loses. That was diaz on short notice and did that to McG! You remember what RDA did! Conor lucked out and he's overrated lmao! What a joke!
3) Diaz wins. Hahaha Conor is so bad he lost to a two-bit LW who can't even make it to contender status. Diaz couldn't get past half the roster! And he did that on short notice! Ahahaha

It's like the law of the land around here. The toxicity and negativity in the air is palpable. Let's be real. Diaz is a fantastic fighter and often loses because of his own self - not because of his talents or skills. All these fighters are realistically incredible athletes at the top of their craft.

If you're one of these guys then post fight instead of saying "hahaha diaz sucks" or "hahaha conor got tko'd" how about we celebrate the winner's success rather than the loser's struggles? Lets respect our sport, respect our athletes and hope for a great entertaining fight.

When all is said and done, I'm really just hoping for an entertaining scrap, between two dudes who love to throw down and smack talk.

If it delivers that, then it's a win for the fans, love or hate whomever.

Last edited:
Call yourself a god, get laughed at when you lose. That's how it goes.

"It's like the law of the land around here. The toxicity and negativity in the air is palpable."

Yeah, but what in God's name could possibly make people cheer if McGregor loses? The mysteries of the evil growing in every MMA fan's heart is crazy.

When very successful and dominant fighters like GSP, Chuck, Fedor, Werdum, Shogun, Machida, KZ, Rory McDonald, and the "new" Mark Hunt, AA, Robbie etc....
Fans were cheering on these guys during their ascension!
And suddenly new talents like Ronda and Conor get negative comments.
We need to start to investigate this madness.

"It's like the law of the land around here. The toxicity and negativity in the air is palpable."

Yeah, but what in God's name could possibly make people cheer if McGregor loses? The mysteries of the evil growing in every MMA fan's heart is crazy.

When very successful and dominant fighters like GSP, Chuck, Fedor, Werdum, Shogun, Machida, KZ, Rory McDonald, and the "new" Mark Hunt, AA, Robbie etc....
All of those guys were warriors who came and fought. They didn't make their fame of extravagant over the top personas, appearing on every TV show they can, or getting high on coke at press conferences.

If you're one of these guys then post fight instead of saying "hahaha diaz sucks" or "hahaha conor got tko'd" how about we celebrate the winner's success rather than the loser's struggles? Lets respect our sport, respect our athletes and hope for a great entertaining fight.

If its a good fight this might happen. but conor has scrambled too many peoples red panties on sherdog by being brash and selling fights.

Haven't been around long have you?

Fedor had a cult out for his head.
GSP was one of most hated on sherdog.
Shogun was overrated, fans worst etc(by sherdoggers)

Anyways, i'm a fan of Conor for his skills and his out of fight outlook on martial arts. His trash talk is just business.

This is Sherdog. That's impossible, TS. Btw, all the points you listed are true.: it IS on short notice, and if Conor loses (I don't think he will), he will deserve every bit of shit he will get here.

how about we celebrate the winner's success rather than the loser's struggles? Lets respect our sport, respect our athletes and hope for a great entertaining fight.
TS should run for office.

The featherweight champ is currently getting shit on for taking a fight at welterweight at the last minute after being scheduled to fight the lightweight champ. We're pretty close to rock bottom imo.

this is a fight for the fans, has no major implications, just sit back and enjoy.
reminds me of Randy/Nog, let's just enjoy it while it lasts.

McG & Diaz are gonna get shit on for whatever happens here. It's the hater mentality. I foresee 3 options.

I see your three options and I love every single one of them. Number 3 is the best since it generates the most amount of drama, but numbers 1 and 2 are also great for the amount of butthurt and whining it will create. 9/10 will be streaming 196 with bated breath.

You should know as far as MMA fans are concerned, especially on SD, that "you're only as good as your last fight"...

Haven't been around long have you?

Fedor had a cult out for his head.
GSP was one of most hated on sherdog.
Shogun was overrated, fans worst etc(by sherdoggers)

Fedor had no haters in PRIDE, he was as untouchable as Sakuraba.
Shogun overrated? o_O Back in the PRIDE days, his only haters were hardcore BTT fanatics. So not exactly a lot of people.
People who were around during that time period know that.

Was GSP as hated as McGregor when he became champ? Nope. Except by some BJ Penn degenerates, but he wasn't disliked like Conor. Just by one fanbase, since Hughes didn't really have fans...

And what do these 3 fighters have in common? Respectful, humble, never talked trash, never showed up fucked up at press conferences, etc...

Fedor had no haters in PRIDE, he was as untouchable as Sakuraba.
Shogun overrated? o_O Back in the PRIDE days, his only haters were hardcore BTT fanatics. So not exactly a lot of people.
People who were around during that time period know that.

Was GSP as hated as McGregor when he became champ? Nope. Except by some BJ Penn degenerates, but he wasn't disliked like Conor. Just by one fanbase, since Hughes didn't really have fans...

And what do these 3 fighters have in common? Respectful, humble, never talked trash, never showed up fucked up at press conferences, etc...
We'll just agree to disagree. I remember differently. "cheating canadian" "greaser" "boring" "steroid user" "pride overrated" "pride fighters all on roids" "fedor dodging ufc, fights cans" etc etc etc all give me clarity for my opinion.

[QUOTE="AddictedDwarf]Let's be real. Diaz is a fantastic fighter and often loses because of his own self - not because of his talents or skills.

[/QUOTE]

Great post with the exception of this. Diaz is a good fighter, no question, but he was outperformed in his losses. So yes he lost because his talent and skills were not as good as for example, Bendo's.

We'll just agree to disagree. I remember differently. "cheating canadian" "greaser" "boring" "steroid user" "pride overrated" "pride fighters all on roids" "fedor dodging ufc, fights cans" etc etc etc all give me clarity for my opinion.
I was only talking about the beginning of their careers, when they became champs (like McGregor right now). Nones of these accusations happened when these 3 became champs.
I thought I made that clear but... yeah, if you remember different, let's agree to disagree indeed.

I don't even think about who will win the fight, but who will come out "the craziest" (a bit like Robbie and Rory "toughest mofo on earth" contest).
Interesting fight, would have preferred RDA obviously but Diaz is a fun alt.

Back