Has a UFC HW ever missed weight?

This made me think about that guy Eric Pele..but it seemed like he mostly fought at super HW and Sherdog has him listed at 340 (!)

He's a samoan! their built different than normal dudes! you would think a guy who is 6 foot and pushin 300 would look way worse than hunt does imo.

Except he's barely 5'10. He has thick legs like tree trunks but apart from that, he looks worse than some of the fat powerlifters you see these days.

Iirc McGee v Barrett was scheduled as a SHW fight not a HW fight. The fight happened
right after the implementing of the unified rules which set the HW weight limit, McGee weighed in at 296lb.

Last edited:
he really looks super lean in the ufc,other than that massive dome of his,of course :icon_chee

His head weighs 200 pounds. The rest of him combined is only 65 pounds.

UFC 28 marked the first UFC event to be sanctioned by the New Jersey State Athletic Control Board, held under the newly formed "Unified Rules of Mixed Martial Arts". Hence, the event was held in New Jersey, the first UFC event to be held in a Northern State. The new rules introduced new strict weight classes, resulting in the first and only UFC Super Heavyweight bout ever, between Josh Barnett and Gan McGee. The first UFC Bantamweight bout took place at UFC 26 in June 2000.

The event was headlined by the return of former Heavyweight Champion Randy Couture, who had relinquished his title in 1998 to return to competitive wrestling and because of contract disputes—and he regained his championship belt by defeating Kevin Randleman. UFC 28 also features the first UFC appearances of Andrei Arlovski, Renato "Babalu" Sobral, Josh Barnett, and Gan McGee, and Matt Hughes's twin brother, Mark Hughes.

UFC 28 was the sixth straight UFC event to never see home video or DVD release, as their parent company SEG was nearing bankruptcy and almost died. UFC 28 was the last UFC event held by SEG in the US, and following UFC 29 in Japan, SEG sold the UFC to current owners Zuffa LLC.

It's so weird to miss 265, unless you're Struve (and he's not even close).

Nikolay-Valuev-and-Denis-Cyplenkov.jpg

these guys would

Oh man, I forgot all about that. :icon_neut

And then within a year after that, he got scratched from a card completely because he showed up weighing 371 (according to his own guess; the scale topped out at 350). But that fight was supposed to be SHW all along. I had forgotten that Tim missed weight for a heavyweight match.

Yeah, came to post this. That was for a regional promotion out by me haha. missed by 100 lbs? yeesh.

Back