Has there ever been a HW MMA like Tyson Fury?

Physically, the only guy that comes fo mind is Tim Sylvia.

Personality wise, Fury is totally unique.

Ali wasnt 6'9 273lbs turning up to press conferences dressed as Batman and licking blood off his opponents. Not saying Fury is "better" but you cant compare the two just because they both have the gift of the gab.
Fury doesn't get invited to speak at universities or is considered somebody to have anything of value to say. Ali played himself in his own biopic The Greatest. Had a cartoon series titled I Am the Greatest!: The Adventures of Muhammad Ali. They made an award-winning documentary on one of his fights, 22 years later. Lit the Olympic flame. Fought Superman.
SupermanVsMuhammadAliCover-1.jpg

Ali's total viewership according to Wikipedia: 10,107,000,000. PPV revenue after inflation, $1,901,930,000.

Wikipedia has a whole page just dedicated to Ali in media and popular culture.

And
You're right, they have nothing in common.

Last edited:
Closest I could think of is Vitali Klitschko, in terms of fluidity and movement...

He was very light on his feet for his size and much more dynamic offensively than his brother and most other heavyweights.

Too bad he had the injury bug something fierce.

The only thing I think of when I see Fury is what a joke boxing has become.

Compared to when?

In the early 2000 guys like Ruiz and Byrd held titles and instead of fighting each other they took turns beating up guys like Galota, McCline and Oquendo.

After that, the Klitschko brothers held the titles and started taking turns beating up overmatched heavyweights...

They even had to fight a few cruiserweights because they cleaned out the division so thoroughly.

While the Wladamir Klitschko’s run at Heavyweight was amazing, ever since he (and his brother) are no longer the champions, heavyweight boxing is more interesting than it has ever been in recent memory.

He can sing, is funny, the best trash talker and champ Right now.

Never seen a HW with that Combo … hes the bigger Version of Conor McGregor.

they couldnt be more different. conor makes all his money losing fights and making excuses. tyson had all the excuses in the world - mental illness, alcoholism, suicidal thoughts, massive obesity. but he never needed any excuses because he doesnt pussy out when the going gets tough. and despite being 6 foot 9 he doesnt gas out like noob conor.

conor is also an awkward stammering manlet while tyson is hilarious off the cuff and dominates any social setting he is in, every time, because its just who he is.

Apart from Dan Severn, there are no other guys that will have the career and accomplishments and talent that Fury has at HW in MMA.

Last edited:
Barnett is pretty entertaining. When he isn't failing drug tests mind you.

Closest I could think of is Vitali Klitschko, in terms of fluidity and movement...

He was very light on his feet for his size and much more dynamic offensively than his brother and most other heavyweights.

Too bad he had the injury bug something fierce.

Compared to when?

In the early 2000 guys like Ruiz and Byrd held titles and instead of fighting each other they took turns beating up guys like Galota, McCline and Oquendo.

After that, the Klitschko brothers held the titles and started taking turns beating up overmatched heavyweights...

They even had to fight a few cruiserweights because they cleaned out the division so thoroughly.

While the Wladamir Klitschko’s run at Heavyweight was amazing, ever since he (and his brother) are no longer the champions, heavyweight boxing is more interesting than it has ever been in recent memory.
I grew up in the Lewis, Holyfield, Bowe, Mercer, Morrison, Moorer, Ibabuchi, Tua, Rahman era. It maybe interesting but it’s a terrible era skill wise for boxing one of the lowest ever.

Last edited:
I grew up in the Lewis, Holyfield, Bowe, Mercer, Morrison, Moorer, Ibabuchi, Tua, Rahman era. It maybe interesting but it’s a terrible era skill wise for boxing one of the lowest ever.

Tua was massively overrated and Morrison was the ultimate glass cannon. I agree it was a significantly better era overall but including those two makes it sounds like youre letting nostalgia cloud things too much. Neither of those two are anywhere near Furys level and they'd probably lose to multiple other guys in the current division too.

He can sing, is funny, the best trash talker and champ Right now.

Never seen a HW with that Combo … hes the bigger Version of Conor McGregor.

He's nothing like Conor at all.

Heart, honor, family man, intelligent.

Conor's an alcoholic hoodrat sex fiend with zero improvisation skills that was in the right place at the right time.
Conor will help Fury to become like him soon

Prime Tim Sylvia would KO Tyson Fury in boxing. Set it up, Dana

Tua was massively overrated and Morrison was the ultimate glass cannon. I agree it was a significantly better era overall but including those two makes it sounds like youre letting nostalgia cloud things too much. Neither of those two are anywhere near Furys level and they'd probably lose to multiple other guys in the current division too.
Those 2 would most likely smash Joshua who is the third rated hw of the current crop. Tyson is the best of one the worst eras. Morrison beat Foreman, still an achievement. Fury is ok but Wilder only has massive power, not much to figure besides not getting hit. The overall hw skill level is down.

Those 2 would most likely smash Joshua who is the third rated hw of the current crop. Tyson is the best of one the worst eras. Morrison beat Foreman, still an achievement. Fury is ok but Wilder only has massive power, not much to figure besides not getting hit. The overall hw skill level is down.

Morrison beat 45 year old Foreman on points and managed to get KTFO in the first round by 11-2 Michael Bentt. Yes, the overall skill level is down but neither of those two were particularly skilled by any eras standards. Both were fairly one dimensional but with good power. Morrison was a glass cannon, Tua had a great chin but was like 5'10 minus Mike Tysons skill and speed.

Sugar Ray Robinson, Muhammad Ali, Roy Jones Jr and Prince Naseem Hamed.

He is better than conor

Conor folds like a cheap chair when the going gets tough

Conor is a front runner bully that can't handle adversity

Fury showed more grit in the 12th round in wilder 1, than the Crumlin manlet has his entire career

He is also going to overtake conor as the number one guy in combat sports

Fury bless
Forget the 12th round... Fury showed more grit when he wanted to take his own life, but bit down hard on his mouthpiece for the sake of his family and decided to fight through his depression. Mental health is no joke.

Fury is the fighter McGregor pretends to be, and Fury said as much before McGregor started paying him.

After the first Wilder fight, Fury in interviews said "I am a fighting man" several times, and then McGregor started saying the same thing about himself soon after.

You can also point to Roy Jones and so on, but McGregor did the hands behind the back thing after Fury did it.

Back