Has Mayweather ever practiced any other martia arts...

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I am curios to know in the wake up Rondas victory. Has Floyd ever practiced any other martial arts for a hobby?

I know some boxers practice Kyokushin karate,wing chun,judo,japanese jujitsu on the side for either self defense or fitness.

Curious to know if Floyd has ever practiced other martial arts besides boxing?

Mayweather with 3 months of BJJ and he can probably manpower Ronda on the ground. Huge difference between male elite athlete vs female athlete

What about the clinch game though? Does BJJ teach a sound stand up grappling skills?

Purely boxers. They look down on mma.

Serigo Penha's gym is 3 doors down and floyds scared to look in the window.

What about the clinch game though? Does BJJ teach a sound stand up grappling skills?

BJJ teaches takedowns/trips/etc. but in my opinion its not emphasized like it should be in most academies. It's more about the fight on the ground than getting the fight to the ground.

If you're wondering about a Mayweather/Rousey fight, Mayweather would most likely win. His footwork and athleticism would allow him to run and even if he only threw occasional punches they'd be hard/fast/accurate enough to bust Ronda up. Ronda could possibly cut off the cage and get ahold of him, but he is WAY faster and he'd only have to land one good punch. Of course if Ronda got him to the ground, different story. But getting him to the ground would require catching him.

Not to my knowledge. He's boxed since a very early age and is a master of the philly shell which is a difficult style to learn. His skill set wouldn't really transfer to mma, so he should probably stick to boxing where he is great.

If you're trying to turn this into a "Ronda destroys Mayweather" thread, don't bother TS. Mayweather wouldn't need grappling to KO Ronda in MMA. He could kill with those little gloves.

Back