• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Has Dana White ever blasted a fight result as hard as he did in GSP vs Hendricks ?

20falarVerdades

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

Transcript:

"Does anybody here think Johnny Hendricks didn't win the fight ? Did you see Georges get SMASHED and hurt in the first round? It is all about damage, it is a fight. It is whoever inflicts the most damage. I'm blown away that GSP won that fight, and listen, I'm a promoter, he's the biggest ppv star on the fucking planet for me, and I still don't think he won the fight. I want what's fair and that wasn't fair. I think the NSAC is atrocious and the government needs to step in before they destroy MMA like they did with boxing [...]

Did he say he wants to retire? He didn't say 'I'm going to retire. I'm going to hang it up. It's been great everybody. Thanks a lot for all the years. See you later," a furious White said after the fight. "He said 'I'm going to take some time off.'
[...]
No...You don't just say 'I'll take some time off, maybe I'll be back, maybe I won't.' You owe it to the fans, you owe it to that belt, you owe it to this company and you owe it to Johny Hendricks to give him that opportunity to fight again."

I think Dana was a bit harsh on a man who had just been beaten up, but it is undeniable that he makes some solid points. Just like Anderson Silva was noble enough to give Chael Sonnen a rematch, after losing the majority of the rounds, GSP should've done the same for Hendricks, instead he retired and blamed external circumstances

Dana is always truthful, fair, balanced and objective.

Always

And that had nothing to do with the fight at all..

GSP was at odds with the UFC over drug testing, and took a break. Dana did what he does. Throw his best guys under a bus once he has used them all up..

Who cares?

GSP was never our friend.

Dana saying he wants "What is fair"

LOL!!! No wonder he likes Trump so much..

Transcript:

"Does anybody here think Johnny Hendricks didn't win the fight ? Did you see Georges get SMASHED and hurt in the first round? It is all about damage, it is a fight. It is whoever inflicts the most damage. I'm blown away that GSP won that fight, and listen, I'm a promoter, he's the biggest ppv star on the fucking planet for me, and I still don't think he won the fight. I want what's fair and that wasn't fair. I think the NSAC is atrocious and the government needs to step in before they destroy MMA like they did with boxing [...]

Did he say he wants to retire? He didn't say 'I'm going to retire. I'm going to hang it up. It's been great everybody. Thanks a lot for all the years. See you later," a furious White said after the fight. "He said 'I'm going to take some time off.'
[...]
No...You don't just say 'I'll take some time off, maybe I'll be back, maybe I won't.' You owe it to the fans, you owe it to that belt, you owe it to this company and you owe it to Johny Hendricks to give him that opportunity to fight again."

I think Dana was a bit harsh on a man who had just been beaten up, but it is undeniable that he makes some solid points. Just like Anderson Silva was noble enough to give Chael Sonnen a rematch, after losing the majority of the rounds, GSP should've done the same for Hendricks, instead he retired and blamed external circumstances

Dana shut his cuck mouth the second GSP showed up. He calmed the fuck down in a hurry.

I remember Shogun/Machida during him up and rightfully so

COD has sucked since lag compensation was put in.

Dana was on one that night

“GSP went to the hospital”

GSP walks in

That whole bizarre story of a UFC employee trying to steal the belt from his locker room

Wasn't there a fight he was so stunned by, that he was giving the loser of decision his "win" money?[ damn, I forget what fight .... I could be wrong but don't think so]

And GSP came back, won the MW belt, and pissed Dana off again by vacating it.

<{MingNope}>

GS-GOAT

<PlusJuan>

And GSP came back, won the MW belt, and pissed Dana off again by vacating it.

<{MingNope}>

GS-GOAT

<PlusJuan>
Dana expected it
Hgokrrg.png

I think that Dana wasn’t really pissed off about the decision whatsoever. Dana White was so pissed off that his biggest cash cow just abruptly said he was hanging up the gloves. That’s why he went in as hard as he did.

Last edited:
Back