Has anyone tried to oblique kick usman?

Fesaine

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We already know his knees are fucked up and skinny so why hasn't anyone try to oblique kick him?
IllegalHorribleBarnacle-size_restricted.gif

One reason that I can think of is that this technique is still taboo. Only a few fighters are willing to use it.

His mom after he ate all the Halloween candy meant for the neighborhood kids. His mom is on record as saying "I'll show you taboo!"

We already know his knees are fucked up and skinny so why hasn't anyone try to oblique kick him?
IllegalHorribleBarnacle-size_restricted.gif

One reason that I can think of is that this technique is still taboo. Only a few fighters are willing to use it.
I don’t think that’s an oblique kick. It’s thrown with the back leg, no?

Also: has anyone tried knocking his head off?

Till was actually smart in anticipating and slightly turning his knee in. Could have been worse.

No, but we should expect them to be a heavy part of Covingtons game in his rematch, he certainly had no problem using them against Tyron.

I don’t think that’s an oblique kick. It’s thrown with the back leg, no?
Same type of kick, it's just that he's kicking on a bladed stance fighter so it'll slide a bit to the back part of the leg after impact. Same concept though, it stresses the knee but just at a different angle compared to fighters with a non bladed stance. The typical stance puts stress on the front side of the leg/knee.

Back