Has anyone trained at Sangtiennoi Sor Rungroj's Baan Muay thai?

Shibbybrah

White Belt
Reaction score
He does not have a website for his gym but I have spoken to him over facebook and it is quite expensive to train there (1400usd monthly) I just want to know if anyone has trained there?

Haven't trained there, but he's chilling in sweatpants at our gym in Texas right now.

Farang prices are crazy for some gyms, maybe he was politely declining you going since it's that excessive.

LOL 1400 USD/month? That's hilarious. Is massage with happy ending included after each session or what?
I pay roughly 70 USD/month for 3 sessions of thaiboxing and 3 sessions of MMA per week and I think that's just about what I'm willing to pay. But this is Sweden. Martial arts and Internet is cheap, which is the way it's supposed to be.

He's not at Baan anymore, just at his own place, Tor Sangtiennoi Gym.

Can anyone confirm that this is actually the price? I contacted him on Facebook but after saying I could train with him and he had rooms available he did not respond when I asked about the price.

Can anyone confirm that this is actually the price? I contacted him on Facebook but after saying I could train with him and he had rooms available he did not respond when I asked about the price.

Not sure what the price is. He's not a big facebook person, his wife usually handles it. Ask again, maybe she's just been away from the internet.

Since I was going to stay for 3 months it was dropped down to 1000. But more important should I go? Or are there better places for cheaper?

Yup. Kornphet's here too.

Hey sorry to derail the thread but I am in Frisco(travel to Plano for Judo) and was wondering about how much Saekson run a month. Never done strictly muay thai(some boxing, karate, and standup for mma) but found that Saekson is one of the best in the country to learn from from what I've heard.

Anyway I am an am mma fighter only 3 fights so I am not a complete noob. I just don't know much about training in Thailand. If any of you know of a cheaper gym of equal stature please reply!

Hey sorry to derail the thread but I am in Frisco(travel to Plano for Judo) and was wondering about how much Saekson run a month. Never done strictly muay thai(some boxing, karate, and standup for mma) but found that Saekson is one of the best in the country to learn from from what I've heard.

$100 or so depending on your payment plan. Stop by and check it out.

Anyway I am an am mma fighter only 3 fights so I am not a complete noob. I just don't know much about training in Thailand. If any of you know of a cheaper gym of equal stature please reply!

Dude, did you even bother reading the Sticky'd thread at the top of the forum page? First few posts have a general guide to training in Thailand, and the later posts have the latest news from the Kingdom.
http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f11/muaythai-gym-questions-answers-1055568/

You are not ready to train at his gym if you haven't been to Thailand yet. You have to know the training routines and code of conduct before even setting foot. He is charging you a ridiculous amount because he doesn't want you to come; it's a Thai way of saying no. Go to a tourist friendly gym, you will still learn a lot.

You must be right.. But the reason I am going is not for vacation, I want to train hard. I want to come back and be in the best fight shape I have ever been in. Also I did read that guide above you. Could you just recommend a gym for me that's not tmt.. lol

Yes, I read it. I trained with Saohin Sirsuik and he told me to train with Sangtiennoi. I do know the thai training regime I just don't know what gym to go to. That is all I am asking for.

You must be right.. But the reason I am going is not for vacation, I want to train hard. I want to come back and be in the best fight shape I have ever been in. Also I did read that guide above you. Could you just recommend a gym for me that's not tmt.. lol

If you want to go to Phuket, train at Sinbi. If you want to go to Bangkok, train at one of the more foreigner-friendly gyms like Kiatphontip (contact anorak here on Sherdog for more info), Jockey, Sasiprapa, Sitsongpeenong, Eminent Air, Sitmonchai, FA Group (yes, FA Group is surprisingly foreigner-friendly it seems) or even places like Petyindee Academy or Rajadamnern Singha initially if you need "easing in" in Thailand. Life in Thailand is way different than it is in the States, and you'll need some time to adjust. If you dive into a "hardcore" gym (i.e. a gym by Thais for Thais), you're just going to hurt yourself.

Yes, I read it. I trained with Saohin Sirsuik and he told me to train with Sangtiennoi. I do know the thai training regime I just don't know what gym to go to. That is all I am asking for.

are you located in the seattle/tacoma area? just curious because you mentioned saohin sirsuik. i just trained with him last night. nice guy. great training for the area.

Yes I am I train at Charlies Combat Club in Everett. I trained with Saohin at my old coaches gym in snohomish.

Back