Has anyone talked about Cormier's striking training during his camp for UFC 182?

Gus Chiggins

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I know they talked a lot about him training with that world champion wrestler that beat him in the Olympics, but has anyone talked about him training with lengthy sparring partners that can mimic Jon's style? Guys that can keep him on the outside, really good TMA/K1 style strikers that he could practice moving in and out on?

I haven't heard this mentioned once, and I haven't seen anything online about it. If someone has info, I'd appreciate it. I heard him say during the interview where he said he'd dish out 'what Gus gave x10' that he had to deal with the reach and couldn't stay on the outside, so at least he's aware of it. I would like to know how he prepared for it, if there are answers. Jon training with Izzy to prepare for DC's wrestling tells us a lot, for example, if you combine that with Jon's fights. I'd like to know if DC brought in special help for the striking.

Javiar the Head coach specializes in striking

Rockhold, and I think I read somewhere that he was training with some 6'6" striker guy. O and Segal!!!!!

yes because he decided not to train striking for this camp at all. That's it

Back