Social Has anyone here tried portable power stations?

koquerelle

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I just had a 27-hour power outage and I would like to get a portable power station for that kind of situation. It'd be nice to be able to charge a phone or an Ipad.

Anyone with experience with these devices?

Generator? Just make sure to put it outside and not inside your house...

portablegenerators-2048px-0932.jpg

Now if you are talking about a Power Station...

I mean they work especially for small items like charging a phone/tablet, however they come in many sizes and will basically depend on your needs. If your needs are too big then obviously a generator would be necessary. Even those can vary significantly.

If you have a gas line at your house get a Generac generator, can power your whole house.

I didn't actually watch this particular 'this old house video', but there are countless similar vids on YT. A manual transfer switch is absolutely the way to go. Depending on how handy you are, and how much you want to power, with a little DIY savvy, you can have the ability to run critical circuits in your home during outages for well under a $1000. Whereas a permanent whole home generator will cost several thousand or more, and wont be available to take on camping trips etc.

I live outside of city limits. So widespread power outages put us at the bottom of the priority list. I have a 5000 Watt portable generac generator that runs all my essentials. Furnace, water heater, refrigerator, 1 bathroom, well pump, sump, septic aerator, Dish, Starlink, etc. My system can power 6 circuits, but they sell larger and smaller transfer switches than that.

Yes,

Definitely look into purchasing a house generator to charge your phone and iPad…

Yes,

Definitely look into purchasing a house generator to charge your phone and iPad…
He has to be talking about a generator for his house......doesn't he? lmao, I read 27 hours and conclusion jumped the Grand Canyon. Get back here TS, what are we talking about?

Ts if you are looking just to power small devices, look into an Onn. 2 in 1 multi-port battery charger.

They run for like $20, got some for my kids and they love em.

And if it’s for powering your house, I guess if you purchase a large amount of them, that might work?

He has to be talking about a generator for his house......doesn't he? lmao, I read 27 hours and conclusion jumped the Grand Canyon. Get back here TS, what are we talking about?
I think he means for a phone and I pad but the way he started with the first sentence it makes it seem like he is talking about a generator.

Back