Has anyone had to use BJJ to defend themselves?

did anyone else catch the stephan bonnar cameo in the death touch vid?

funnily enough he didnt go down.

some little mexicans TRIED to robbed me at the atm about a year ago. As i was walking away one of them got in front of me while another snuck up and got me in same gay bear hug from behind. I kick the kid in front of me (while bear hugged) and dropped down and stepped out (gracie escape) from the from the bear hug, tossing the kid to the side.

i threw a giant haymaker at the kid trying to bear hug and they all backed up then a cop pulled up as we were squared off. Non of them wanted any at that point. They took off running and i got questioned for 1/2 hour like i started it.

but yeah gracie bear hug escape came into play and worked really effectively. walked away without a scratch. True story

Two stories, in neither of them did I use BJJ for good rather than evil.lol.

Had been out drinking with my cousins and a date. I was in my cousins front yard while my date was waiting on me to open my truck door for her. I reached out to shake my cousins hand. He is unathletic but big, 6'9", and he had been drinking so he just joking around shook my hand and pulled me. I kept my momentum going until I spun around to his back and sunk in the RNC. He hit me with the back of his hand and I told him to tap. I guess because he was so tall and I had had to bend him backwards there was more pressure on the artery than I would have thought. In about 3 seconds he was completely limp in my arms. I lowered him to the ground and he laid on the lawn snoring for about 10 seconds.

I had been training MMA for about 3 months at that time and that was the first time I'd ever choked someone unconsciosu and i did it on accident. It was scary as shit and I was pretty embarassed.

The second time I thought it was hilarious. I was at a St. Patty's Day party and evberyone wanted me to choke someone out. I asked my buddy if he would let me choke him out and he wouldn't. Well, a few hours later I just grabbed him and choked him unconcious. I was real gentle and let him go down eay, then everyone laughed and I walked away.

As I was walking away he came from behind and started choking me. I was SHITFACED so I wasn't really thinking straight, but the first thing I thought to do was the aformentioned gracie bear hug escape. I stepped out with my right foot then put my left foot behind him and picked him up. He stayed on me in more of a bulldog choke position.

I was drunk, but as I was holding him I clearly remember thinking that I had been holding my breath as I picked him up and it was like slow motion as I remembered alcohol made you pass out faster and then the floor was coming at me.

I woke up a few seconds later. I had hit a chair with my head on the way down and was bleeding. I said, "Where the fuck is Chris?" He had run into the kitchen and I went in there. We wrestled for just a second and then I was behind him again.

I choked him unconscious again and left him on the kitchen floor. I guess we just left it at that, but he did taser me later that night.lol

Back