Has Anyone Flipped a House?

I'm thinking about living in a house while I flip it. It looks like the people who rented the place before trashed it, but it still has good bones. The main thing I am worried about is the mold or mildew smell. That could be really bad.
I haven't flipped a house, but I can tell you from personal experience that how you stage a home is extremely important when it comes to what the selling price will be. I priced my condo $15k ABOVE what the real estate agent recommended and was able to get FULL asking price after a bidding war because I went to great lengths to stage it perfectly. I cleaned the condo extensively before each showing, I removed all of the "ethnic" items from my home, I purchased bed sheets and towels that I didn't use, they were just for show when I knew prospective buyers were coming to visit.

The person who ended up buying was someone who lived in the building and low-balled me at first, but then offered full asking price after they saw that there was a lot of interest and offers. I ended up getting about $25-50k more than I could have got if I had listened to the real estate agent and priced it lower to begin with and then I didn't stage it correctly. My condo sold for a considerably higher price than the comparable units in the area. It also sold within 2 weeks, I was prepared for it to take several months and a lot of places did take that long to sell.

Yes, check out this pic of my work ...

upside-down-house-ext.jpg

I'm thinking about living in a house while I flip it. It looks like the people who rented the place before trashed it, but it still has good bones. The main thing I am worried about is the mold or mildew smell. That could be really bad.
Nah...they heavy as hell!

LEGO houses can sometimes remain intact if flipped just right.

I flipped an Amazon box once. It was technically a mini house

If you can't do the majority of the work yourself, I wouldn't even consider trying to flip a house. Hiring most jobs out will get expensive...

How skilled are you? If you can do most of the work yourself you should be alright just be ready to WORK. If not then don't cause having to hire people is gonna eat all your profits.

Back