Has anyone ever caught anyone in this

Cp12

White Belt
Reaction score
YouTube - Veritas choke

dont know how to directly post it, sorry im new.

edit : just wondering if its plausible to do while rolling, okay i suck at embeding it i cant get it to work lol.

Last edited:
Shit, man, I don't like getting the back that much, but next time I do, I'm trying this. Sounds like the kind of choke for me. Would it work well in gi?

I would imagine getting that second leg over is unlikely when you're actually doing it. Looks like it requires a lot of flexibility, and sacrifices position if you don't get it.

that's a sweet move for sure. thanks for sharing!

I would imagine getting that second leg over is unlikely when you're actually doing it. Looks like it requires a lot of flexibility, and sacrifices position if you don't get it.

Yeah I don't know if I would sacrifice a hook and possibly loose back control just to go for that. It also only looks like he is catching only one of the arteries which would take a while to accomplish anything.
Looks low percentage to me.

Looks like a pain move, sacrifices the most important hook (bottom), and the set-up seems to necessitate that you almost have the RNC already anyway.

looks like a windpipe crush to me

and the tori looks so pissed he's about to murder someone any moment, it's funny.

looks like a windpipe crush to me

and the tori looks so pissed he's about to murder someone any moment, it's funny.

Lol I was thinking the same thing about him. Even when he fixes his shorts he does it like he's angry. I guess you can't blame him that shit does look painful.

I just realized he looks like diego

diego-wtf-juggo.gif

LoL at him stroking the guys hair before

Just been experimenting with it. It seems possible to do from 'spiderweb', since your leg is already past your opponents head (and that was the main flexibility issue). If you fake like you're trying to break their grip with your foot, but you let it slide inside the arm, they will sit up to escape, and this is where you can shoot your arms through and lock it up.

Like the guy said above though, it does seem low percentage in general.

haha thats one of my training partners demonstrating in the video, he hits the choke quite often

What I caught is myself shouting "fatality" in before those type of moves.

Looks kind of like a no-gi version of a bow and arrow choke.

Last edited:
Those two guys are funny looking. Kinda like monkeys with Lloyd Christmas haircuts.

Back