Has anyone attended a major live boxing event? Are they a good time or better just to watch from TV

jjdowns

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Bernard Hopkins "retirement" match is tomorrow and there's some dirt cheap tickets available. Are live boxing fights fun, or should I just stay home and catch it on HBO.

Stay at home and watch VanZant vs Waterson, instead.

/thread.

Live boxing events in England are great, atmosphere is always good. I don't know about the US though.
If I were you I would go to B Hops last fight 100%, that's a piece of history there. The event is probably going to be pretty lackluster though.

Yes I have, I would go if I were you. Its like the difference from watching your favorite music group/artist on TV or seeing them live.

yeah theyre fun. went to the abner mares fight last week. going to the hopkins fight tomorrow.

get drunk and watch beatdowns. how can you go wrong?

You should go. It's fun. I don't know if anybody remembers that boxing show the Contender but I went to the reunion show at staples center with Peter manfredo vs Latin snake and it was fun. I even went with my mom. I was only 20 at the time but I bought the tickets and took her. We had fun .

Depends how the fights are, but yes you should go. I been to many boxing events between 1998-2005. But it also depends what seats the tickets are, if they are good seats then yeah do it.

I went to see Canelo v Mayweather it was a great time. If the tickets are cheap I think you should go, B-Hop is a legend you'll always be able to say you seen him live

Back