Has any one ever heard of a sub called a "dooda"?

FXG

Orange Belt
Reaction score
i learned it a few months ago and have been using it effectively,

It's sort of an armbar set then forearm crank...

anyone know this sub?

(i'll make a vid tonight during class and post it)

Edit: fixed the thread title.

Last edited:
I believe you are referring to the "duda" (the name used within the 10th planet system at least). It's an arm crush from within the guard.

That's it, I'm gonna start naming everything I do. Put in a butterfly hook from my half guard? That's a shoehorn. X-Guard into a kneebar? Not anymore. That's called the crackpipe. You know that half guard sweep where you pull the leg and drive your knee forward? That's the ball buster.

Hey this is fun. Let's all give it a try!

(sorry to go off-topic...I haven't heard of that name but if you show the sub I'm sure I know it)

That's it, I'm gonna start naming everything I do. Put in a butterfly hook from my half guard? That's a shoehorn. X-Guard into a kneebar? Not anymore. That's called the crackpipe. You know that half guard sweep where you pull the leg and drive your knee forward? That's the ball buster.

(sorry to go off-topic...I haven't heard of that name but if you show the sub I'm sure I know it)

We call that the semi vegetarian alligator upsidedown pushup lock bar setup

Oh gosh...

Rambo FTW

I pulled out the cobra clutch from back mount during randori at our judo club yesterday, but I put a body triangle on first and rolled him on his side. What should I name it? The Rear Naked AnaVelociCopter Choke?

Yeah, you generally are taught that directly after the chodaroll.

I pulled out the cobra clutch from back mount during randori at our judo club yesterday, but I put a body triangle on first and rolled him on his side. What should I name it? The Rear Naked AnaVelociCopter Choke?

Nah, it's gotta be like one or two words, and has to somewhat relate but still be unnecessary. That's called the Sergeant Slaughter.

I pulled off "The Chopping Block" for the first time tonight.

Hey guys you know that move from the mount, thats like you know, you like take his arm and spin your body so your perpendicular to the guy and his arm is between your knees and you bridge your hips up to get the tap???

Yeah I think we should call that the naked mounted arm-plata, since you dont need a gi...

I don't give a fuck what anyone says, the Homer Simpson sweep is simultaneously the funniest name for a jits move & the most fitting.

The way it was explained to me was that Bravo names his moves with mnemonic devices. Most people think they're stupid (including me), but it is kinda nice to be able to have your corner telling you things that confuse the fuck out of your opponent.

I don't give a fuck what anyone says, the Homer Simpson sweep is simultaneously the funniest name for a jits move & the most fitting.

The way it was explained to me was that Bravo names his moves with mnemonic devices. Most people think they're stupid (including me), but it is kinda nice to be able to have your corner telling you things that confuse the fuck out of your opponent.

I agree with the Homer Simpson sweep statement

Especially if you go WOOOOOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP like Homer Simpson as you're doing the sweep.

I was under the impression that you HAD to make the whoop noises for the Homer Simpson to work...

I believe you are referring to the "duda" (the name used within the 10th planet system at least). It's an arm crush from within the guard.

you are correct, i meant to write "dooda"

i have used it lately with a lot of success,

Short arm scissors, bicep crush/slicer, arm crush, etc.

That's it, I'm gonna start calling the butterfly hook from half-guard "the shoehorn"

Back