Has a Brazilian ever not denied taking PEDs after being caught?

Hermes Franca. I see hes already been said.

My dad and I went to UFC 74 and Hermes was sitting near us. Some guy asked him "Hermes, what are you doing taking steroids?"

Hermes just looked at him and said "Getting bigger"

The people around had a good laugh.

No Brazilian has ever taken a banned substance, furthermore no Brazilian has ever just lost a fight - any lose's are 100% due to being injured, bad weight cut, the opponent cheated or the ref/judges screwed up.

has there ever been any posthumous positive tests?

I don't think they typically test for steroids at an autopsy.
Shane del Rosario had coke, THC, and opiates in his system when he died. Josh Samman likely died of an overdose of heroin and/or coke.

I'm not trying to start a flame war or anything like that

Why? I don't want to sound like a queer or nothing, but I think gay dudes battling and sword fighting it out is sexy

I don't think they typically test for steroids at an autopsy.
Shane del Rosario had coke, THC, and opiates in his system when he died. Josh Samman likely died of an overdose of heroin and/or coke.

So there is your answer

I'm not trying to start a flame war or anything like that, and I'm not trolling. I'm honestly curious. I can't ever recall a Brazilian fighter owning up to doping after being caught. Is it possible every single one was wrongfully accused or the tests were wrong?
You are trying to start a flame war. Don't deny it.

Has any american ever perceived the double standard when they are talking about their fighters (which are more likely to take PEDs according to statistics) when comparing to other countries' fighters?

"Oh, I'm not trying to be an asshole" p>

I'm not trying to start a flame war or anything like that, and I'm not trolling. I'm honestly curious. I can't ever recall a Brazilian fighter owning up to doping after being caught. Is it possible every single one was wrongfully accused or the tests were wrong?

Has any fighter admitted to this?? The only ones I can think of are Chael.

Has any fighter admitted to this?? The only ones I can think of are Chael.
Thiago Silva and Tim Sylvia? Didn't Barnett also just say fuck it.

Mike Richman is the gold standard for fessing up and owning your PED fuck up. Busted cheaters from around the world should strive to be like him.

Hermes Franca.

Came to say this.

It is rare, but occasional guys cop to taking PEDS, like Franca.

Then you have cartoon-like situations where Jon Fitch spent years throwing shade at his peers, failed a fight-night PEDS test for elevated testosterone.

Lets check this fun quote from Jon Fitch in 2013:

"I am 35 years old, and I promise, I would and will bet money that my testosterone levels are just as good as a younger fighter. You know why? Because I have not wrecked my body with steroids, never used ANY type of PED and train healthy and properly to compete."

To this day the dude still hasn't addressed his steroids suspension in 2015. He just refuses to comment when asked.

Thiago Silva and Tim Sylvia? Didn't Barnett also just say fuck it.

I think Barnett did as well. Tim and Thiago I dont recall...Tim may have admitting it was for physique

Why would anyone want people to know they are on dick pills? Unless you're Jon Jones.
maxresdefault.jpg

Has a Brazilian ever admitted to losing a fight without a sh*t ton of excuses?

Machida owned it up.
Hge is the one who wrote what he took to USADA and USADA told him it was on the new banned list.
He wrote a note to his fans explaining he was not aware it was forbiden and took a suspension that was longer than Jon Jones got for taking his dick pills.

Back