• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Harvey Weinstein went unpunished for years bc journalists couldn't ethically report w/o hard sources

https://www.theatlantic.com/enterta...n-latest-allegations/542508/?utm_source=atlfb

Gawker (a high-end gossip and pop culture mag) had too much integrity and reverence for American journalistic norms to report on a widely known sexual predator with shaky sources, yet half the War Room (and a quarter of the country) thinks NBC and The New York Times completely make up stories about the President of the United States and nuclear war.

Journalists.

Ethics.

Pick one:)

No, the OP alludes to the difference between normalized reporting and reporting that entails allegations that could potentially be construed as libel.

Weinstein is a private individual before he is a Democrat. He's not a public official.

Trump was a private citizen a year ago. Didn't stop them.

No, Trump was a candidate a year ago, and nobody libeled him.

1256519926211.jpg

He and his brother are producers so even if you were a movie guy, you would most likely only recognise his name.

The important thing here isn't even his assaults. Far worse sexual assaults are happening as I type this. The real question is why is it always that the women only come out after a news story breaks. And then they come out the woodwork. This is a pattern that should be investigated. There must be some things that can make these women come out when it actually happens and not so fucking predictably opportunistically. It makes them look pretty bad to be honest.
well I cannot empathize with them but I can assure you there have been many many investigations on this pattern and it has been proven beyond any reasonable doubt that it is common that they do not come out when it actually happens, and there are a number of reasons. I personally would not hold it against them. I also would not think that there aren't accusers doing just what you described.
but let's be clear!
an accusation should not make the potential perpetrater guilty without other facts and an accusers statements should not make the accusers words convenient with out facts to back that up.

Last edited:
The media is run by the left.
Hollywood is run by the left.
they're in the same circles.
of course they have each other's back.
Journalism is on its last breath.

I should be shocked that the obvious suspects are the ones trying their hardest to draw a distinction between this and the trump claims that mysteriously dissapeared after the election

https://www.theatlantic.com/enterta...n-latest-allegations/542508/?utm_source=atlfb

Gawker (a high-end gossip and pop culture mag) had too much integrity and reverence for American journalistic norms to report on a widely known sexual predator with shaky sources, yet half the War Room (and a quarter of the country) thinks NBC and The New York Times completely make up stories about the President of the United States and nuclear war.

but they actually do publish made up stories or stories without hard storieswhich is why they always have to retract so many

Buzzfeed admits they dont even verify trump stories and just publish things they hear about

Then larger media sources just report on the report "buzzfeed claims XYZ"

Terry Crews, yes THAT Terry Crews said that he was sexually assaulted by an unnamed Hollywood executive.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41580861

Now I know what some of you are thinking...

"Why didn't Crews fill the room with uppercuts?"

How many of you would believe him if he were in handcuffs and telling you why he did what he did?

It wouldn't even end there, he would be framed as a violent criminal and none of the abusers would face consequences. Then crews would never work in his industry again

Confidential unnamed source =/= no source. The fact that trump supporters expect govt leakers to start naming themselves in hilarious.

They obviously had "confidential unnamed sources" implicating Weinstein that went unreported for who knows how many years.

but they actually do publish made up stories or stories without hard storieswhich is why they always have to retract so many

Buzzfeed admits they dont even verify trump stories and just publish things they hear about

Then larger media sources just report on the report "buzzfeed claims XYZ"

Major outlets rarely have to retract stories. And when they do, they generally acknowledge the retraction like a responsible news source, unlike FNC (Seth Rich) and actual fake news sources like Breitbart (any number of disproven and un-fact checked stories surrounding refugees, abortion, Hillary Clinton).

I don't have much concept of Buzfeed's standards and practices (the dossier story seemed premature, but they were pretty much just publishing discovery, not making up their own story), but that is apart from reputable outlets which rarely cite to them.

Major outlets rarely have to retract stories. And when they do, they generally acknowledge the retraction like a responsible news source, unlike FNC (Seth Rich) and actual fake news sources like Breitbart (any number of disproven and un-fact checked stories surrounding refugees, abortion, Hillary Clinton).

I don't have much concept of Buzfeed's standards and practices (the dossier story seemed premature, but they were pretty much just publishing discovery, not making up their own story), but that is apart from reputable outlets which rarely cite to them.

Where do you think the pissgate dossier came from

How many guys at Fox News got away with this shit for years even with sources. And more will fall, yah honestly think tucker Carlson is getting laid

Honestly, that's what I don't get about these clowns. The need to force themselves on women. Weinstein wouldn't even have to pay for it. I can't imagine how much pussy that guy has thrown at him on a regular basis, simply because of who he is. Why so rapey, Harv? Must be a psychological thing.
It's a power trip. When you're a scumbag and have so many people throwing themselves at you for roles, you eventually grow desensitized to it and need more. It's all a matter of power and control.

Back