Hardest Punching LW in the UFC?

I'd like to see Trujilo fight again, maybe he's got some hands, but so far I think it's Jamie Varner

and Stephens is now a FW

Who do you think has the most natural power in their hands in the UFCs Lightweight division?

Is it Maynard?

NotSureIfSerious.

Maynard is FAR from my mind when talking about hard hitting LWs. I'm not sure you he got on your mind. His last 9 fights have been decisions. In his entire mma career, he has 2 KO wins, one being a TKO.

He's past his prime but Takanori Gomi, /thread.
See Nick Diaz face reconstruction. See Sakurai faceplant. See Pulver bodyshots and uppercut. See Griffin faceplant. See Ludwig face. See Azeredo for arguably best punching KO in mma history. That's a ton of power for a lil' dude.

Maynard? The guy that hasn't had a KO win since 2007?

I'm quite sure he hits hard but i'm also sure there are other LW's that hit harder..

Gomi definitely. He should get paired up with guys like Guillard or Stephens would be sick match ups

everyone who blames lay n prayers and stuff like that should put their eyes on him that was truly amazing he made the wrestler pay for every second he was pushing him to the fence and trying the double leg.

Man that was a great fight! Trujillo was vicious and I was impressed with Levesseur's durability and technique. That northsouth choke was awesome, too. Don't see those around too much...

This man is correct, for pure one punch power it's Gomi and it's not even close.

You guys have got to be kidding me.

Guillard hits harder than anyone at lightweight.

melvin-guillard_rick-davis.gif

In all the Gomi gifs you've posted no one gets their light completely shut off like Rick Davis (seen above).

Gomi will stun you, Melvin will decapitate you.

Maynard is definitely up there, but I think Guillard is the hardest puncher @ 55.

You guys have got to be kidding me.

Guillard hits harder than anyone at lightweight.

melvin-guillard_rick-davis.gif

In all the Gomi gifs you've posted no one gets their light completely shut off like Rick Davis (seen above).

Gomi will stun you, Melvin will decapitate you.

Gomi has knocked these guys out cold: Griffin, Sakurai, Azerado, Pulver and Ralph Gracie (with knees). These are clear examples of his ability to launch fireballs that destroy their targets.

Gomi has knocked these guys out cold: Griffin, Sakurai, Azerado, Pulver and Ralph Gracie (with knees). These are clear examples of his ability to launch fireballs that destroy their targets.

Looks to me that Griffin is awake as soon as he hit the canvas. Didn't look "out cold" to me.

Gomi-KOs-Tyson.gif

Here's the whole "TKO". Griffin was never out cold. Puleeaase...

Don't get me wrong. I think Gomi has dynamite in his fists and is #2 as far as LW power punchers go.

But to say anyone can punch harder than Melvin at 155 is ludicrous imo.

Guillard.gif

I mean, a body shot? Wow.

There's quite a few IMO.

Gray Maynard

Jeremy Stephens

Melvin Guillard

Takanori Gomi

Edson Barboza (although he relies on kicks more, he does have power in his hands)

Tony Ferguson

Issei Tamura

Khabib Nurmagomedov

Michael Johnson

KJ Noons

Jamie Varner

TJ Grant

BJ Penn when he was a LW.

Probably some more as well that I can't think of.

Last edited:
Francisco Trinaldo has got mad power, but his sloppiness gets in his way. He's a huge mofo.

NotSureIfSerious.

Maynard is FAR from my mind when talking about hard hitting LWs. I'm not sure you he got on your mind. His last 9 fights have been decisions. In his entire mma career, he has 2 KO wins, one being a TKO.

He's past his prime but Takanori Gomi, /thread.
See Nick Diaz face reconstruction. See Sakurai faceplant. See Pulver bodyshots and uppercut. See Griffin faceplant. See Ludwig face. See Azeredo for arguably best punching KO in mma history. That's a ton of power for a lil' dude.
Maynard has the fastest KO in UFC LW History.
Fightfinder is a win/loss quick glance, try actually watching the fights that you know nothing about.
Maynard has knocked down/rocked every fighter he's faced. Edgar, Guida, Florian, Diaz, Jim Miller, Siver and on and on. These are the Division's very best.
Have you been under a rock since your join date?

Back