Hardest fighters to put away?

Epicness

Rent-paying tenant cat
@Black
Reaction score
Yesterdays main event and Bisping's show of heart got me thinking, who are some of the other fighters with p4p heart and tenacity? Regardless of if theyve been finished or not in their career, im talking in terms of how difficult it is for their opponent to finish them. Off the top of my head ive got:

Diego
Hunt
JDS
Condit
Lawler
Diaz bros
Matt Brown
Faber
Barao (took a ton of punishment in both TJ fights before getting TKOd)
Forrest
Aldo ate some bombs from Mendes as well and stayed in the fight, I believe Edgar and Lamas clipped him a few times as well but i havent seen those fights in a while

who else?

Sean Sherk 36-4 Only Ko'd twice in his career
Josh Barnett 34-8 Only ko'd three times in his career
Robbie Lawler 27-10 Only ko once in his career
Fedor Emilanenko 25-4 only ko'd twice in his career

Chris Lytle. 54 fights, 31 wins 18 losses, 5 draws. 16 by decision and the other two by stupid doctor stoppages.

People have suffered severe wear and tear to the hands putting cabbage away.

Takes years off your hands useful life.

The lack of Frankie Edgar in the OP (okay, you mentioned him in reference to Aldo, but if anything that makes his exclusion from the list even more unacceptable) is disturbing.

Sean Sherk 36-4 Only Ko'd twice in his career
Josh Barnett 34-8 Only ko'd three times in his career
Robbie Lawler 27-10 Only ko once in his career
Fedor Emilanenko 25-4 only ko'd twice in his career

Subs count. Subs always count.

Fo
Yesterdays main event and Bisping's show of heart got me thinking, who are some of the other fighters with p4p heart and tenacity? Regardless of if theyve been finished or not in their career, im talking in terms of how difficult it is for their opponent to finish them. Off the top of my head ive got:

Diego
Hunt
JDS
Condit
Lawler
Diaz bros
Matt Brown
Faber
Barao (took a ton of punishment in both TJ fights before getting TKOd)
Forrest
Aldo ate some bombs from Mendes as well and stayed in the fight, I believe Edgar and Lamas clipped him a few times as well but i havent seen those fights in a while

who else?
Please Forrest was not hard to put away. Know the rest of your list is solid. I believe Rampage and Tate.

The lack of Frankie Edgar in the OP (okay, you mentioned him in reference to Aldo, but if anything that makes his exclusion from the list even more unacceptable) is disturbing.

my bad haha he was one of the first i thought of but i forgot to add him to the list, hes probably #1 p4p in my book

People have suffered severe wear and tear to the hands putting cabbage away.

Takes years off your hands useful life.
His match against Tim Sylvia was absolutely incredulous to watch, as i had thought this was the single worst beating i ever seen by one man against another....that is until i saw Sakuraba take an endless assault under the hands of Ricardo Arona.

Fo

Please Forrest was not hard to put away. Know the rest of your list is solid. I believe Rampage and Tate.

only towards the end of his career when he got chinny, he was notorious for his heart earlier on. ate some bombs from rampage and shogun in their first fight

Bisping has been finished spectacularly a few times but he's a game fighter.

Werdum has grossly underrated durability. Everyone expects him to fold like a lawn chair.

only 1 mention of edgar. shame. that dude is just heart and he gets little love for his toughness

You missed the no1 guy on the list. Frankie Edgar.

only towards the end of his career when he got chinny, he was notorious for his heart earlier on. ate some bombs from rampage and shogun in their first fight
He had heart but was put away by Jardine and suga and there not known for power or putting away fighters. I don't think he was chinny till the second shogun fight.

Back