Opinion Happy MLK day!

fedorthegoat777

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Some interesting notes about the man:

- The "I have a dream" speech is worth a read, it is very good. So is "Letter from a Birmingham jail." He spoke, read, and wrote a lot, and was highly educated with a doctorate degree. A huge accomplishment at that time.

- Was actually named Michael King Jr. after his dad, Michael King. His dad went to Germany and was so impressed with the life of the Christian reformer Martin Luther, he changed his name. Juniors name then got changed also. So both Martin Luther's ended up beginning Christian reformers, one reformed the Catholic Church, the other Civil rights.

- MLK Jr accomplished great things, but was also involved in a few sketchy activities and had a few side pieces.

- My favorite part of MLK Jr. history is the FBI ran constant surveillance on him, called him a filthy bum and fraud, discredited him, and then told him to go kill himself. The family of MLK Jr. believes the FBI had a role in his murder.

- Love the community notes on this tweet:

a-training-school-for-communists-highlander-folk-school-monteagle-tn-tennessee-martin-luther-king-jr-cody-cookston.jpg

That's your favorite?
Also what’s that even have to do with “MLK day”. Today is his birthday and a celebration of who he was and what he did…. It’s not the day he was “killed” where that stuff might be more relevant.

My favorite part is the fried chicken, mac and cheese, baked spaghetti, collard greens, corn bread and banana pudding my wife and her step mom are making (they make a big meal on this day yearly).

Also when I was a kid in grade school we did these presentations and I’ll never forget when this one kid got up in front of the class…….. he recited the famous I have a dream speech and at the end he made a gun shot sound, said out loud “and now I have a head wound” and slumped over faking the assassination and death while the teacher and class awkwardly clapped.

Some interesting notes about the man:

- My favorite part of MLK Jr. history is the FBI ran constant surveillance on him, called him a filthy bum and fraud, discredited him, and then told him to go kill himself. The family of MLK Jr. believes the FBI had a role in his murder.

Yup, they were attempting to blackmail him by digging up dirt, like infidelity etc and attempted to him to kill himself. pretty fucked up.

the FBI tried something similar with Malcolm X but couldn't find anything on him, the truly walked the walk and was 100 percent dedicated to this faith.

It’s a shame that modern blacks don’t believe in MLK’s message.

Back