HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEN

Jesus, 56?

I can remember renting UFC 1 from my local video store back in 93 and seeing this guy named Ken Shamrock heel hook Pat Smith. Had no idea what a heel hook was at the time. Still one of my favorite submissions to use to this day.

Thanks Kenny Sham.

Ken Shamrock turns 56 today.

Happy birthday brother.

WAR SHAMROCK

d99hvk8-05438e80-c61d-4d23-8a47-897c09a1ce81.gif
@Idonotbelieveit

His brawl with Don Frye is legendary

Both careers were pretty much ended that night

Probably the GOAT from the tournament era.

Pride 19

The way Frye was pounding on Ken’s lower ribs would make anyone piss blood for weeks and how Ken set up that inside trip to get the leg....priceless. Amazing old school MMA. The ending was the best with both fighters going for the heel hook. Too bad Kenny went for the ankle that wasn’t already destroyed.

I remember Don saying in the aftermath that he was close to tapping out. You can see it in his face when Ken sunk it in deep.

True Warriors ( even though juiced to the teeth )

Should start a GoFundMe to throw him a bday party and or get him out of that motorhome in a walmart parking lot he lives in..

Hi Frank...

fuck+you.jpg

His contributions to the sport have been plentiful, impressive, and most sincere.

Long live a real OG of the UFC.

<GinJuice><{1-69}><BirdieOwn>

Jesus, 56?

I can remember renting UFC 1 from my local video store back in 93 and seeing this guy named Ken Shamrock heel hook Pat Smith. Had no idea what a heel hook was at the time. Still one of my favorite submissions to use to this day.

Thanks Kenny Sham.

I'm sorry but you didn't rent UFC 1 in 1993. The VHS rentals started with UFC 2 and it wasn't until around 95 that they actually realesed UFC 1 on home video.

From everything I've read, he was (is?) a dreadful human being.
I dont think so.

Def a hot head,who might be tough to deal with at times,but thats worked out for him as well as hurt him. He seems mostly liked by people,and its always good to hear from the guy and his take on things. He stayed in the game and found new ways and angles to keep visibilitiy and making money so good for him.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but you didn't rent UFC 1 in 1993. The VHS rentals started with UFC 2 and it wasn't until around 95 that they actually realesed UFC 1 on home video.

A major player in pre-UFC MMA, the UFC, PRIDE, and the WWF. Shamrock has pretty much been there and done it all.

Shamrock has done it all and more:

Pride 19

The way Frye was pounding on Ken’s lower ribs would make anyone piss blood for weeks and how Ken set up that inside trip to get the leg....priceless. Amazing old school MMA. The ending was the best with both fighters going for the heel hook. Too bad Kenny went for the ankle that wasn’t already destroyed.

I remember Don saying in the aftermath that he was close to tapping out. You can see it in his face when Ken sunk it in deep.

True Warriors ( even though juiced to the teeth )

If I recall correctly, Don Frye said in a later interview that the only reason he didn't tap from Ken's leg-locks is because he took a load of painkillers before the fight to kill the pain he knew he would be in, but in retrospect he said it would have been better for him to not have done that and just tapped when Ken had the submission sank in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back