Happy 20th Birthday Chrono Trigger.

Hyperglide

Tell Apathy
@Gold
Reaction score
PFP the best RPG of all time just turned 20 yesterday.

ProJared made a great vid on it..

This is the one game on Super Nintendo that I regret not getting once I heard about how good it was. I literally got Chrono Trigger in the mail TODAY and started playing the Playstation version on my PS3. I could have played it for free on ZSNES but I wanted the anime cut scenes. It's always great to play the classics!

I had the game on cartridge and was glad I bought it. I had some sweet titles. Ended up selling my Super NES years ago and sold CT on eBay for $150 bones lol. Loved that game but I could play it on emulator so it was all good.

Ryan Davis last endurance run on Giantbomb was Chrono Trigger (before he passed away) with Patrick Klepik (who also moved on). Anyone see it? Surprisingly he never played it till then.

I remember when this music came on for the first time I was like oh god this isn't the normal boss battle music, I'm screwed aren't I? Oh no, I probably didn't grind enough..

Ryan Davis last endurance run on Giantbomb was Chrono Trigger (before he passed away) with Patrick Klepik (who also moved on). Anyone see it? Surprisingly he never played it till then.

I really miss Endurance Runs

Although I suppose that Vinnyvania counts?

Chrono Trigger wishes it was Final Fantasy.

Jokes....although, that is probably somewhat accurate, LOL.

I can't say I'm too familiar with CT, but I played the shit out of another game that doesn't get nearly enough love. It's sequel, Chrono Cross. Gonna have to eventually get around to CT one of these days. I played six or seven hours of an emulated version years ago, but that's about it.

The most expensive game I own. Cost me $200 for a VG/NM copy.

Wasn't into RPGs at the time. Pretty cool that I still have fresh experiences like this to get into.

The GOAT Square game.

Still have the snes cartridge for it even though my snes crapped out ages ago.

I play this on my 3DS. I really enjoyed the story, art style, and characters but the combat has thrown me off from finishing the game or even playing in months. I thought this was going to be the classic turn based style.

I play this on my 3DS. I really enjoyed the story, art style, and characters but the combat has thrown me off from finishing the game or even playing in months. I thought this was going to be the classic turn based style.

I'm pretty sure you can make it turn based, it's what I did for Chrono Trigger on my IPhone.

I'm pretty sure you can make it turn based, it's what I did for Chrono Trigger on my IPhone.

Yeah at the very beginning they ask you if you want active or wait combat mode. I've always chosen wait so it's always been turn-based for me.

Yeah at the very beginning they ask you if you want active or wait combat mode. I've always chosen wait so it's always been turn-based for me.

I usually play on active but if I'm having no trouble with a boss, I just switch to turn based.

I usually play on active but if I'm having no trouble with a boss, I just switch to turn based.

It's been a while since I played CT but I'll have to check that out. I do remember that you can switch the combat but I would have enemies and bosses attacking me more than once while I chose my teams' moves. I'm almost sure I changed the combat from active and it still happened. I have a ton of games on my backlog so I'll eventually get back to try and finish this game. I really liked the parts I played so far.

It's been a while since I played CT but I'll have to check that out. I do remember that you can switch the combat but I would have enemies and bosses attacking me more than once while I chose my teams' moves. I'm almost sure I changed the combat from active and it still happened. I have a ton of games on my backlog so I'll eventually get back to try and finish this game. I really liked the parts I played so far.

First playthrough you can do it on Wait if you're a n00b and once you finish it then you can do New Game + and put it on Active. The playthrough will be the same, but this time with OP characters and can unlock different endings too when you reach the End of Time.

I loved having magus as a character

He was pretty bad-ass, no doubt, but it sucked he had no natural double or triple tech combo's with other team members unless you used an Accessory and only with Lucca, Marle and Robo.

** Eternal Darkness "Ultimate Dark Bomb"- Deals Shadow magic damage to all enemies. Requires Magus to know Dark Matter, have Lucca with Fire II, and Marle with Ice II in the party and one of them to have the Black Gemstone equipped. (Black Rock in SNES version. The tech itself is called Dark Eternal in the SNES version.)

** Omega Flare "Ultimate Laser"- Deals Shadow magic damage to all enemies. Requires Magus know Dark Bomb , have Lucca (with Flare) and Robo (with Laser Spin) in the party and one of them has the Blue Gemstone equipped.

Last edited:
I do remember that you can switch the combat but I would have enemies and bosses attacking me more than once while I chose my teams' moves. I'm almost sure I changed the combat from active and it still happened.

Likely the speed of your characters, I try to avoid slow ass characters like Lucca and Robo (but Robo is awesome after his side quest).

Back