Hand Wraps

canadian mongoo

Orange Belt
Reaction score
lots of guys in the gym have started wearing gell filled bag gloves and avoid hand wraps whats everbody think ....

i still prefer wraps ...kind of gets me ready to go mentally

lots of guys in the gym have started wearing gell filled bag gloves and avoid hand wraps whats everbody think ....

i still prefer wraps ...kind of gets me ready to go mentally

Yes, nothing like wrapping your hands. Seriously, I love wrapping my hands.

I don't think anything can take the place of traditional wraps (semi-elastic/mexican style are my fav)

i have the combatsports gel wraps with the regular handwrap connected. those are okay, but the standard mexican handwraps are still the standards.

Damn maybe I'm old school, but I hate the elastic wraps. I prefer cotton much better.

Gel gloves are a load of crap in my opinion. Wraps will NEVER be replaced by anything more "convenient".

thank god at least i am not alone.............

hey while i am at it what you people think of knuckle push ups....my sons instructor makes them do them ......all the docs say they bad for young athletes due to damage

thank god at least i am not alone.............

hey while i am at it what you people think of knuckle push ups....my sons instructor makes them do them ......all the docs say they bad for young athletes due to damage

I think knuckle push ups are easier on the wrist and they help condition the fists.

I have to due knuckle push ups due to the fact that I broke my right hand in my last fight and it gets sore when I try to due loads regular push-ups. However, over the last month or so of doing them I must say they are more comfortable on my wrists.

I agree, the mexican wraps are the best. I have tried the gel wraps and they made abrasions on my knuckles, and I have heard more than one fighter say that the old school cotton ones tear up their hands too.

I have a pair of Mexican market Cleto Reyes wraps. They are the best I have used!

d51f_1.JPG

Is there any truth to the fact that the traditional handwraps (100% cotton) ones provide more support as they don't stretch as much as the mexican style wraps ?

I just pruchased 210 inches mexican style....

But I would like to know which of the two provide more support ?

Back