1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

Hand Wrapping Question

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by StevenH, Oct 1, 2010.

1. StevenH

StevenH Orange Belt

A few days/ a week ago, I had put a post about my knuckles being sore because of my gloves... well I now have new gloves, with excellent padding for heavy bag work, and my hand is starting to hurt more and more with the harder punches I throw. I've taken a couple of days off now, and noticed that there was no pain at all, until I would wrap my hands. Sometimes when I watch tv I practice wrapping my hands without looking so that I can get them off quicker and start shadow boxing sooner to get a bit more of a workout out of the shadowboxing... after i took the wraps off, I started to feel the same sharp pain that I would feel when I punch, but it would subside after a few minutes, never to be felt again the rest of the night. I have now come to the conclusion that I need to go back and re-learn my punching slowly and to punch a bit softer next week when I do bag work again, and that I will probably need a new method of wrapping my hands... any of you guys know any methods that stress on knuckle/hand support, because my hayabusas have excellent wrist support, so I am not too concerned about wrapping them primarily... thanks in advance!!!

2. dtravis92

dtravis92 Orange Belt

This method puts a lot of padding on the knuckles

3. FiveFeezy

FiveFeezy Orange Belt

+1 on this wrap method. I also like to get 2 wraps on the thumb but I have smaller hands.

4. xilliun

xilliun Brown Belt

I had a similar problem when I started off using them, wrapping them too tight around the palm itself.