Hand Wrapping Question

StevenH

Orange Belt
Reaction score
A few days/ a week ago, I had put a post about my knuckles being sore because of my gloves... well I now have new gloves, with excellent padding for heavy bag work, and my hand is starting to hurt more and more with the harder punches I throw. I've taken a couple of days off now, and noticed that there was no pain at all, until I would wrap my hands. Sometimes when I watch tv I practice wrapping my hands without looking so that I can get them off quicker and start shadow boxing sooner to get a bit more of a workout out of the shadowboxing... after i took the wraps off, I started to feel the same sharp pain that I would feel when I punch, but it would subside after a few minutes, never to be felt again the rest of the night. I have now come to the conclusion that I need to go back and re-learn my punching slowly and to punch a bit softer next week when I do bag work again, and that I will probably need a new method of wrapping my hands... any of you guys know any methods that stress on knuckle/hand support, because my hayabusas have excellent wrist support, so I am not too concerned about wrapping them primarily... thanks in advance!!!

I had a similar problem when I started off using them, wrapping them too tight around the palm itself.

Back