Hamstring problem

TheVenom

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Hey, I'm fairly new to folk style wrestling. I tried out for my high school and I think it's safe to say I was decent for a first year. Anyway, I have a chronic issue with my legs. when ever I bend my legs to make a transition to side mount, top mount, to take someones back, you name it; my hamstring at the knee joint feels as if its crossing. Like the ligaments cross each other and my leg locks up at a 90 degree angle. It really hurts and the only way I can fix it is to kick my leg out straight. It does a number on the back of my leg. Its really annoying. I'm not sure if its because I walk at 132 and cut to 125 which might make me too light or whatever. My coach wasn't sure what my problem was. I plan on doing brazilian jiu-jitsu very soon at a local gym( TEAM ROC ) and I want to be very successful doing BJJ. Can anyone help me out?

now kyle, make sure you stretch out those creamy hamstrings...hmmmm

I don't think its stretching. I've been told i'm extremely flexible and I stretch before doing anything strenuous. I'd go to a doctor already but I'd like to have some idea of whats up before coughing up any money

So....this happens to both of your legs? I'm gonna guess it's an issue brought on by your body growing since you're a teenager - I had major growing pains/issues with my knees and legs from massive growth spurts when I was a kid. Cleared up by the time I was 18 or so.

If that isn't the case though, and you really do have chronic pain and locking in both knees from doing anything and everything, yeah you'd best get your ass to a doctor postahaste if you wanna have it fixed.

Also, your sig gives me the creeps..."Exploding on your opponent" ???

So....this happens to both of your legs? I'm gonna guess it's an issue brought on by your body growing since you're a teenager - I had major growing pains/issues with my knees and legs from massive growth spurts when I was a kid. Cleared up by the time I was 18 or so.

If that isn't the case though, and you really do have chronic pain and locking in both knees from doing anything and everything, yeah you'd best get your ass to a doctor postahaste if you wanna have it fixed.

Also, your sig gives me the creeps..."Exploding on your opponent" ???

thanks

hahaha no, its something my coach said. I thought the same thing at first. He always told me to explode when I shoot and once I commit to an attack don't think about it twice. Explode( like a bomb maybe) and your opponent will shatter.

yeah

Back