• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

International Hamas launches surprise attack on Israel; Israel has declared a state of war. Vol. VII

That's how I feel talking to people in that thread :

Condemn the actions of a FEW fringe ultra-orthodox Jews who chant anti-Arab slogans and display a flag that's against Israeli law?

Meanwhile not a peep is heard from the pro-Pally people regarding the indoctrination that ALL Palestinians receive to devote their lives to hate and kill Jews by way of martyrdom.
Fringe views? Are you unfamiliar with who is in Israel's cabinet, where views similar to this are not even hidden anymore?

It's 50 shades of gray but only in the way they express it. At the end of the day here the zionists, the religious zionists, the atheist zionists (oh yes they do exist, it's not even clear if theodor herzl himself did believe or not), the alt right wingers, the fox news fanatics, the biden supporters, the old school democrats stuck in the 20th century, the liberals but liberty is only for the west and "fuck international law" like someone here bluntly told me, and so on and so forth, all of them would gladly welcome the option you've presented.

But it's different shades in the way they express it. The less subtle and most idiotic will say it clearly, others will defend themselves of thinking that, others will stay silent.

But at the end of the day they all support the endless genocide and torture of palestinians, men, women, elderly, children and babies.
personally, i'd be ecstatic if the palestinian people could accept some version of palestine that includes the WB and gaza (or some other arrangement that gives them citizenship and a nation) and lives peacefully and with good relations with their neighbor israel.

of course, the likelihood of palestinian's accepting that and living peacefully next door is very small.

Condemn the actions of a FEW fringe ultra-orthodox Jews who chant anti-Arab slogans and display a flag that's against Israeli law?

Meanwhile not a peep is heard from the pro-Pally people regarding the indoctrination that ALL Palestinians receive to devote their lives to hate and kill Jews by way of martyrdom.
Have you not seem the countless clips of Israel children exposing the same hatreds and vile shit?

It's the same shit both sides. Honestly I don't think the vast majority in here are even viewing the " others " media

VIDEO: Australian journalist attacked at violent Jerusalem Day march​

Such lovely peaceful people wanting so much peace

Gotta admit. The comments in this thread would be quite different if it were a Palestinian mob chanting death to Jews and assaulting journalists.

It would definitely used as proof of something.

At the end of the day here the zionists, the religious zionists, the atheist zionists (oh yes they do exist)
Let us not forget the classic Nazified Zionists as well. A good amount of them running around this thread.

The bulk of the reported Hamas forces are still alive. It was estimated there were 35K Hamas members. Israel claims they killed 13K (which is not even a believable stat because they counted any military age male killed as a militant - not all males are Hamas.)

IDF military officials have already said this is going to last a lot longer. Could be years.

Even after the war, there needs to be constant security action, to ensure that Hamas cannot reconstitute itself. Hamas does not need to return to its pre-war strength. It need only rebuild enough capacity to spoil post-war efforts.

Hamas is an ideology. It's just going to keep coming back in some way just like the Taliban in Afghanistan.

Netanyahu vowed he would get the hostages back. It's increasingly looking like he's going to fail. And even worse than that, he doesn't seem to care.

Israel just killed a whole bunch of civilians. Hamas considers every civilian killed as a PR WIN.
How the hell is this going to be safer when Israel just radicalized a whole new generation of people?

Israel is going to be looked upon like South Africa. Permanent stain.

As long as they still have an occupation and settlers still stealing land, their reputation will not be redeemed.

ICC doesn't matter. Then why did Mossad actively threaten the ICC official to try to intimidate them?

How come the ICC arrest warrant stop Putin from traveling to the BRIC summit in South Africa? Obviously it has some effect.

Israel's goal is not to get rid of Hamas. Almost all the infrastructure is rubble now. Their goal is to bomb all the people forcing them to flee. They basically want to annex Gaza and get all the people to flee. That's why they keep alluding to Egypt or Syria taking the people.

Netanyahu and other Israeli officials have said MANY, MANY times there will never be a Palestinian state. Not in the West Bank and not in Gaza. So how will there ever be peace?

What I'm saying is pretty clear cut. The way this war is being waged is going to HURT Israel in the long run. Some form of terrorist organization is going to pop up or Hamas will just pop back up.

Unless they actually deradicalize the people. The only way to do this is to change the circumstances of the Palestinians and the way they live under occupation. If they don't end occupation then this is going to happen again and again for decades.
Ok let's say IDF 'only' killed e.g. 5,000 Hamas fighters, does this not degrade Hamas ability to conduct terrorism?

You also overlook that Israel hasn't simply killed line soldiers, they went after leaders, commanders,etc. Eliminating leadership absolutely degrades Hamas's ability to wage war and conduct diplomacy abroad.

Bibi will still get hostages back. Could you point me to where he said he will get every hostage back alive? I know it's morbid and fucked up but the state of Israel is more important than any one life of an Israeli person. Releasing 100 terrorists for every one IDF soldier or civilian is a long term liability for Israel. Maybe some hostages will survive to whatever end it comes and some may not. That is sadly the price of war.

Do you think Allied Forces would have stopped if Nazis threatened to execute all POWs? Do you think Allied Forced would have withdrawn if Nazis offered 100 for 1 exchanges? These deals are one-sided because Hamas know that Israelis care about its people while Hamas could give a flying shit about any Palestinian. As you noted to Hamas any Palestinian death is another PR opportunity. If this analogy is insufficient then we can use ISIS instead for a closer example.

So how do you propose to deradicalize Palestinian people with Hamas still in charge?

Yes the issues with ICC create some uncomfortable optics but do you really believe any country would 'arrest' President Putin? It would be an international disaster. Russia is also literally one of a handful of countries with a veto. They could tell ICC where to go and have the capacity to do it. Israel is much tinier no doubt but having full support of the most powerful nation on earth comes with own its privileges.

This may very well last for a while and in no small part because not only do Israelis need to do this to destroy the tunnels and get rid of Hamas but it also serves Bibi's self interest in self preservation.
fucking LOL 'some reputable damage' ..... holy fuck.
If you put something I supposedly 'said' in quotation marks could please ensure it's at least accurate to what I actually said and doesn't have a blatant error in it. Thanks. Much obliged.

Gotta admit. The comments in this thread would be quite different if it were a Palestinian mob chanting death to Jews and assaulting journalists.

It would definitely used as proof of something.

Most definitely. But let's not get ahead of ourselves and think there are blatant double standards here.

Also if 40,000 jewish israelis would have been murdered there would be a certain word used to call this massacre without any debate on its use.

Are all Israeli Jews taught to hate the Arabs and devote their lives to martyrdom to kill them?
So deflecting and trying to play the whose worse Olympics, rather than engaging with the issue?

Let's make this simple. Are you familiar with Israel's current finance minister or minister of security? Or their views?

So deflecting and trying to play the whose worse Olympics, rather than engaging with the issue?

Let's make this simple. Are you familiar with Israel's current finance minister or minister of security? Or their views?

Deflection? Don't play this game with me. My original contention was that there's only a fringe minority of Israeli Jews who openly hold anti-Arab marches. Meanwhile all Palestinians are taught to hate and kill Jews. I'm just circling back to my original argument.

Deflection? Don't play this game with me. My original contention was that there's only a fringe minority of Israeli Jews who openly hold anti-Arab marches. Meanwhile all Palestinians are taught to hate and kill Jews. I'm just circling back to my original argument.
It's not a fringe minority if it's in the cabinet of the country. Let alone when those MPs are kingmakers and holding the government hostage due to the PR system.

So again, are you familiar with the views of these two cabinet members?

It's not a fringe minority if it's in the cabinet of the country. Let alone when those MPs are kingmakers and holding the government hostage due to the PR system.

So again, are you familiar with the views of these two cabinet members?

I'm talking about the fringe far-right actvists in the Twitter video. You're thinking of guys like Ben-Gvir and Smotrich, whose views don't even represent those of all Israelis. Stop deflecting.

Fringe?

Ben-Gvir rose to power on 'Death to Arabs' chants, this isn't fringe.

You might wish to downplay the seriousness of Israeli extremism, but really... don't.

Just condemn these pieces of garbage for what they are.

These types are not rare in Israel.

Netanyahu was right the first time when he said he didn't want to deal with scum like Ben-Gvir and other very prominent and popular extremists.

VIDEO: Australian journalist attacked at violent Jerusalem Day march​

Such lovely peaceful people wanting so much peace
Those were children bro. You can’t hold children responsible……

Obviously any violence shouldn’t be tolerated and the kids who did hit others should face consequences, but we didn’t see a lot of violence there.

Back