• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

International Hamas launches surprise attack on Israel; Israel has declared a state of war. Vol. VII

He's not going to be arrested because it will prevent him from traveling to many countries if it goes through.

Putin had to cancel his trip to the Brics Summit because of his ICC arrest warrant. South Africa warned him not to come because of the warrant.

So totally false that it has no teeth.

Yeah, that's the reason Putin announced a cease fire and pulled all Russian troops out of Ukraine!

Oh, wait... ;)

Yeah, that's the reason Putin announced a cease fire and pulled all Russian troops out of Ukraine!

Oh, wait... ;)

You said the ICC arrest warrants have no effect when they clearly do. They prevent Putin and now Netanyahu from traveling.

As well as being an international embarrassment and diplomatic fail.

You blatantly lied and you’re trying to make it about me?? Comical.
Hey, I asked you what kind of proof you need, and you never answered. So until you have an idea of what proof meets your standards, there isn't much point in me providing, again, what is well known already.
You claimed Israel made it so the ONLY options were extremists, not moderate factions. This is a blatant lie. Own it.
No, I said that Israel has done its part to embolden extremists and sideline moderates and keep Palestinians splintered politically. They aren't the only factor in that equation.
You are also trying to claim Israel actually preferred Hamas. This is also a blatant lie as they tried to make sure Hamas wasn’t on the ballot; and almost invaded Gaza to eliminate the threat they posed.
When did I say they preferred Hamas during the elections? I think you're mixing up timelines.
And yes, the other side is Hamas, who won’t stop working towards their stated goal.
Yup, just like North Korea won't stop working toward its goal of being a superpower and various members of this thread won't stop working toward their goals of bedding Ms. Sweeney.
Or do you think Hamas wants a peaceful solution with Israel in tact?
I think over time they, and more importantly Palestinians, can be pushed and pulled toward a more peaceful solution than the past couple years. It's also the only viable and realistic solution of the many unrealistic avenues Israel thinks it can go down.

My interest as an American is safeguarding our international standing and security, with Israel's security coming after that. And this war has continued to erode America's stature for little, if any gain.

Why has Lebanon launched attacks? Simply because they're Jews? .... mmmm right

wouldn't have anything to do with ?

I mean the footage is very dramatic and firey.... but 2 " light injuries " and a bushfire...

Seems almost insulting after rafah

Why has Lebanon launched attacks? Simply because they're Jews? .... mmmm right

wouldn't have anything to do with ?

I mean the footage is very dramatic and firey.... but 2 " light injuries " and a bushfire...

Seems almost insulting after rafah
Oh yes, of course. Israel is to blame for the conflict with Hezbollah too. I'm sure you're convinced they're to blame for the conflict with the Iranian regime as well? <lol>

Oh yes, of course. Israel is to blame for the conflict with Hezbollah too. I'm sure you're convinced they're to blame for the conflict with the Iranian regime as well? <lol>

Not at all. Otherwise I'd say or suggest as such

Hey, I asked you what kind of proof you need, and you never answered. So until you have an idea of what proof meets your standards, there isn't much point in me providing, again, what is well known already.
I don’t know what youre even referring to here.
No, I said that Israel has done its part to embolden extremists and sideline moderates and keep Palestinians splintered politically. They aren't the only factor in that equation.
Do you know how forums work? Your prior words are still there.

You said this:

• Voters two decades ago elected one of the few groups left in Palestinian civil society after decades of infighting and Israeli/American influence to make sure that the only options Palestinians had left were extremists, not moderate factions. Because Israel prefers dealing with extremists, rather than moderates, because of the optics internationally.
Are you still trying to claim this isn’t a lie? It’s right there……

When did I say they preferred Hamas during the elections? I think you're mixing up timelines.
You said this:

• Moderate is a relative term, and Israel has been happy to favor an extreme faction (Hamas) over the most powerful moderate faction available (Fatah).
But now you were talking about a different time? You really meant after Fatah lost the election and was driven out of Gaza?

Yup, just like North Korea won't stop working toward its goal of being a superpower and various members of this thread won't stop working toward their goals of bedding Ms. Sweeney.

I think over time they, and more importantly Palestinians, can be pushed and pulled toward a more peaceful solution than the past couple years. It's also the only viable and realistic solution of the many unrealistic avenues Israel thinks it can go down.
You think the radical terror group who’s entire extreme existence (at least the last 40 years) has been dedicated to the eradication of Israel (“We are called a nation of martyrs and are proud to sacrifice martyrs,” Hamad said. “Israel is a country that has no place on our land. We must remove that country because it constitutes a security, military and political catastrophe to the Arab and Islamic nations, and must be finished.”) is just kidding and is malleable to peaceful solutions?
My interest as an American is safeguarding our international standing and security, with Israel's security coming after that. And this war has continued to erode America's stature for little, if any gain.
Well, your interest seems to be to paint a lopsided view of both history and the current situation. Which doesn’t really help.

• Voters two decades ago elected one of the few groups left in Palestinian civil society after decades of infighting and Israeli/American influence to make sure that the only options Palestinians had left were extremists, not moderate factions. Because Israel prefers dealing with extremists, rather than moderates, because of the optics internationally.
Are you still trying to claim this isn’t a lie? It’s right there……
You seem to be struggling with sentence construction here. The first part of the sentence says that there were few groups left in Palestinian civil society in the runup to those elections, and the underlined part communicates that part of the reason for this is that Israeli and America sought to dismantle Palestinian civil society and make sure that it was as fractured as possible. I'm not sure what you're arguing.
You said this:

• Moderate is a relative term, and Israel has been happy to favor an extreme faction (Hamas) over the most powerful moderate faction available (Fatah).
But now you were talking about a different time? You really meant after Fatah lost the election and was driven out of Gaza?
I've said repeatedly, Israel backed Hamas during the key period in the 80s and 90s as it rose to power, and they backed it in the past decade to keep Palestinians divided and avoid having to address the conflict internationally. I'm speaking where Fatah has been in recent years. They're views have evolved quite a bit since their founding.
You think the radical terror group who’s entire extreme existence (at least the last 40 years) has been dedicated to the eradication of Israel (“We are called a nation of martyrs and are proud to sacrifice martyrs,” Hamad said. “Israel is a country that has no place on our land. We must remove that country because it constitutes a security, military and political catastrophe to the Arab and Islamic nations, and must be finished.”) is just kidding and is malleable to peaceful solutions?
In the long run, yes. MK and the IRA/PIRA were able to get with a less radical and violent program, and while I put Hamas much further behind them on the spectrum of terror and violence, it's possible. And more importantly, it's the only option forward at this point.
Well, your interest seems to be to paint a lopsided view of both history and the current situation. Which doesn’t really help.
My interest is in the US first and foremost, followed by civilian life. The US invests a lot of money into Israel, for not much back. I'd prefer that change and Israel be reminded that it is a proxy of the US and doesn't call the shots, rather than being a gigantic pain in the ass for the US internationally.

What lopsided view of history have I presented?

Isn't it awesome how the Palestine supporters are always, like, so totally knowledgeable about all the Palestines and stuff?

I would have thought given the conservative proclivity for Christianity that folks would understand that it's possible to advocate for a ceasefire in Gaza even though the current leadership of the area is anti-LGBT. I guess turn the other cheek or forgiving those who wrong you or your people is limited to the Bible?

You seem to be struggling with sentence construction here. The first part of the sentence says that there were few groups left in Palestinian civil society in the runup to those elections, and the underlined part communicates that part of the reason for this is that Israeli and America sought to dismantle Palestinian civil society and make sure that it was as fractured as possible. I'm not sure what you're arguing.

Lol. So, you’re trying to say they made sure the only options were extremists, but they weren’t successful in making sure? It’s bizarre you’re still pretending you weren’t lying.

I've said repeatedly, Israel backed Hamas during the key period in the 80s and 90s as it rose to power, and they backed it in the past decade to keep Palestinians divided and avoid having to address the conflict internationally. I'm speaking where Fatah has been in recent years. They're views have evolved quite a bit since their founding.
No, they didn’t. They were literally at war with Hamas from the late 80s…….they backed them in the 70s and early 80s, before they committed to the elimination of Israel and killing of Jews.

In the past decade, Hamas was firmly entrenched in Gaza as the (elected) governing body and the ruling body. Yes, they could have tried to starve Gaza more………I know that would have been your preference….
In the long run, yes. MK and the IRA/PIRA were able to get with a less radical and violent program, and while I put Hamas much further behind them on the spectrum of terror and violence, it's possible. And more importantly, it's the only option forward at this point.

My interest is in the US first and foremost, followed by civilian life. The US invests a lot of money into Israel, for not much back. I'd prefer that change and Israel be reminded that it is a proxy of the US and doesn't call the shots, rather than being a gigantic pain in the ass for the US internationally.

What lopsided view of history have I presented?
I have told you what lopsided view of history you have presented, all over these threads.

And the “only option forward” isn’t to give any freedom to Hamas. They have zero trust. None.

I mean there's multiple ways to stop a war, like completely wiping the enemy off the map.

This WILL be Trump's suggestion and support for Netanyahu if he's reelected. Pres. Biden supports a two-state solution, Trump will not. I really hope people can see this

Israel's military says it has established the deaths of four more people abducted by Hamas on 7 October.

It says the four were killed while together during an Israeli operation in Khan Younis in southern Gaza, adding that their bodies were still being held by the militants.

The men were named as British-Israeli Nadav Popplewell, 51, Chaim Peri, 79, Yoram Metzger, 80, and Amiram Cooper, 85.

IDF spokesman Rear Adm Daniel Hagari said intelligence gathered in recent weeks had led to the assessment.

"We assess that the four of them were killed while together in the area of Khan Younis during our operation there against Hamas," he said, without giving further details.

Last month, Hamas claimed that Nadav Popplewell had died in an Israeli strike in April. The UK Foreign Office said it was investigating, but there was no confirmation of his death until now.

---

Very sad news.

Kidnapping the elderly is such a scumbag move, may they rest in peace.

Far too much suffering.

you're "lol"ing about hamas still fighting back, but you don't lol about civilians that end up being killed as a result.

Yeah I mean they’ve been dying for a long time. Israel is trying to wipe the civilians out

Yea means so little that's why the the ex Israeli spy chief had to resort to threatening the chief ICC prosecutor.
Because he can. Tell me, who is moving in to arrest Yahoo?

You're basically trying to convince yourself that school hall monitors have authority over the world.

Lol. So, you’re trying to say they made sure the only options were extremists, but they weren’t successful in making sure? It’s bizarre you’re still pretending you weren’t lying.
Voters two decades ago elected one of the few groups left in Palestinian civil society after decades of infighting and Israeli/American influence to make sure that the only options Palestinians had left were extremists, not moderate factions.
Do you not understand how the bolded part affects sentence structure? I said A & B, not just B. The combination of A and B is how we arrived at the limited options Gazans had on the ballot 20 years ago.
No, they didn’t. They were literally at war with Hamas from the late 80s…….they backed them in the 70s and early 80s, before they committed to the elimination of Israel and killing of Jews.
And yet, we have Hamas members and Israeli military saying support for Hamas continued through the mid/late 80s. It also wasn't a secret what Hamas wanted then.
In the past decade, Hamas was firmly entrenched in Gaza as the (elected) governing body and the ruling body. Yes, they could have tried to starve Gaza more………I know that would have been your preference….
It's telling how intellectually dishonest you are on this issue that you're flailing about and saying I would have supported starving Gaza. Congrats on spazzing out.

As I've mentioned repeatedly, systematic problems decades in the making take decades to undo. Israel likely would have been better off trying to open up and engage with Hamas and Palestinians, and trying to negotiate in good faith and not backing settlers. Attempts to isolate governments tends to reinforce their support. It's why sanctions have such an overwhelming failure rate.
I have told you what lopsided view of history you have presented, all over these threads.

And the “only option forward” isn’t to give any freedom to Hamas. They have zero trust. None.
So what's the forward option, since you think for some reason the US can magically make Hamas surrender, even though the US really only has influence over Israel at this point.

And please, point out these lopsided views of history I've presented. Or would you rather spaz out and say I support starving Gazans again?

Back