Xbox HALO INFINITE discussion thread

The last two halos have been underwhelming right? They need to take a long break. Microsoft should push more exclusives. What was the last big IP they released that was good? Sunset Overdrive?

And even that was a bit lackluster. I recently played it, and while it was fun in bursts, it's really nothing special, and I think a lot of the praise it receives today is simply because of how low key it is, where it doesn't have much of a base to challenge the opinion that it's an underrated gem. Having played it, it really doesn't shock me that it didn't strike a nerve with most. It's a game most will pick up and play for a few hours, and then set aside.

MS really needs to get Halo back on track though. I really don't know what's so hard about it. They can do the multiplayer shit in their sleep, so they should really focus on making a memorable campaign to go along with it, and not treat it like an afterthought like they did with Halo 5. When all is said and done, I believe the Halo games have stayed in the public consciousness because of the strong campaigns and main characters. Master Chief is a gaming icon because of the campaigns, not the multiplayer. Same with the Covenant and Flood. Multiplayer is definitely a key component to the experience of course, but Halo built it's identity off of it's campaigns, and I think somewhere along the line they forgot about that.

You make it sound like its the same shit over and over again.

Between using strong attacks, weak attacks, and the signs (magic) against multiple soldiers, monsters, or the several awesome boss fights - Its not revolutionary, but still very good.

This game wouldn't be on so many players 'Favorite Games Of All Time' lists, wouldn't have won more GOTY awards that TLoU, and wouldn't be said to be the best damn game of this generation - if the gameplay was as shitty as you describe.

People are into the game for the world building and storytelling as well as the character interaction, they are willing to overlook or not focus on the weaker points due to how absorbing the stronger points are. The current generation has been heavily focused on storytelling, and so gamers often prioritize it.
I agree with Bob, the combat (as well as the travel and a lot of the pure gameplay elements) is nothing special and lacks when compared to other arpg's and action-adventure fantasy games.

I fucking love this game. It ruined my sleep cycle. I hope you're happy you bastard :D

Take the game slower, there is nothing like a first playthrough of a souls game.

I bought a PS4 in huge part to Bloodborne and UC4. Also watch the lore videos by Vaatividya.

There more people that know of this fantastic series, the better.
It's been out for 4 years already. If you haven't touched it by now, what's stopping you from continuing to procrastinate forever? Games are going to keep coming out. You're always going to have a shorter game you could play instead. At this rate you will never play it.

Jesus christ, time really does zoom by, holy fuck. It feels like a year or two ago that this game released ffs.

Halo Infinite is reportedly the most expensive video game project ever

Half a billion with no marketing budget? If you recall this was the figure cited for Destiny when it was announced as the most expensive video game project in history back in 2013, but we later learned that 2/3 of that budget was promotional.

There aren't many of them, but Xbox One X owners in particular will be delighted should this rumor prove true.

I'm a bit confused here.....This report and others claim that the game is being made for next generation consoles. So that would mean it won't work on the X right?

I'm a bit confused here.....This report and others claim that the game is being made for next generation consoles. So that would mean it won't work on the X right?
Where are you reading that?
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/halo-infinite

5269c8e5-dc43-4f8b-a4fc-ec67d90fb104.png

Phew. I'm so relieved. Every time I saw it say "next gen consoles" I really thought they were talking about a brand new xbox.

Edit: One of the links in the OP article says that stuff which is apparently why I was confused. https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/microsoft-to-unveil-next-gen-xbox-console-at-e3-2019/

Halo Infinite, which was unveiled at E3 2018 as the next entry in Microsoft’s flagship first-person shooter franchise, was also tagged by the reports as a launch title for the new Xbox consoles.

Phew. I'm so relieved. Every time I saw it say "next gen consoles" I really thought they were talking about a brand new xbox.

Edit: One of the links in the OP article says that stuff which is apparently why I was confused. https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/microsoft-to-unveil-next-gen-xbox-console-at-e3-2019/

Halo Infinite, which was unveiled at E3 2018 as the next entry in Microsoft’s flagship first-person shooter franchise, was also tagged by the reports as a launch title for the new Xbox consoles.
Oh, that's a rumored unveiling for E3 2019, but it wasn't part of the podcast segment where the producer revealed this rumor.

More importantly, this may indicate that the new launch of Xbox consoles might just be another revision on the Xbox One platform.

There's supposedly a disc less version of the Xbox One in the pipeline for this year ,then for next gen there's possibly going to be 2 consoles, a "Arcade" type version that's a step up from the X and then a more powerful version , the codenames for these are Lockhart and Anaconda.

There's supposedly a disc less version of the Xbox One in the pipeline for this year ,then for next gen there's possibly going to be 2 consoles, a "Arcade" type version that's a step up from the X and then a more powerful version , the codenames for these are Lockhart and Anaconda.
Yuck. Please no.

I understand the logical sensibility of offering an upgrade revision down the road like they did with the X and the One this generation, especially to meet the additional requirements of an emerging new mainstream standard as the changeover takes place (i.e. 4K screens), but the notion of splitting a console launch upon release sounds like a great recipe to shorten that console's lifespan considerably. But of course that is bad for profits, so it isn't an option.

Watch. They'll start releasing titles 5 years out where the baseline version won't be able to play them.

Think they want to continue what they have now, a console for the "casuals"/families (The S, which is the "lockhart" console for next gen) and then the more expensive powerful one (anaconda) for the ones who want the power/4K. Plus i think we'll hear more once developers have had more time with the devkits which have supposedly recently gone out around the time of GDC.

There seems to be more bits floating around about the next gen Xbox "Scarlett" Console Family compared to the PS5 (apart from Devkits have been out since December give or take and Navi is still a big part of it).

So hopefully in the next 3 months hopefully things will take shape and we hear more on them .

I bought GOTY edition of Witcher 3. I cant wait to play it. I have it in my backlog.
The graphics are almost cartoon like even the cutscenes. I was disappointed. I might finish the game but im playing AC odyssey right now.

The graphics are almost cartoon like even the cutscenes. I was disappointed. I might finish the game but im playing AC odyssey right now.
Graphics are one portion of a game, I personally like art direction in a game more than just "wow that looks so realistic" graphics, as tech ages but art doesnt as much.

Hope youre enjoying Odyssey though!

Never liked Halo and after finally playing Witcher 3 I DO NOT see what the big deal is. Granted a couldn't make it past about an hour of gameplay. Seems I'm the odd man out

That's insane. Supposedly FF7 was $40 million to make back in 97 and Sony spent another $40 million worldwide on marketing.

Prepare for the worst microtransaction, pay to win, loot box bonanza built on top of the shell of the Halo name. They will get back that 500 million any way possible.

Great. I can't wait to not buy it or play it.

It may indeed be for both. It's certainly coming to the One, but those new consoles will be rolling out soon enough for them to release an upgraded version for them as well, like what we saw with GTA V.

Recommend starting on higher difficulties or start normal, then replay on higher difficulty.
Start on the second hardest at least. You will struggle for a while but when you get the hang of it and start getting more resources to work with, it will ease up.

Heretic is right. On the harder settings it forces you to play a lot better. I mean, it's still not like the combat is going to match Nioh or Dark Souls, but it's fun enough. Overall, considering the story, the world, the writing, the atmosphere, etc etc it is my pick for the best game this generation.

I haven't played a Halo game since Halo 3 but I was one of the few hardcore Halo 1 players back then who used to use Gamespy WLAN tunnels to play online multiplayer before the PC version came out.

To me, they ruined the campaigns by overdoing the stories. Halo 1 will always have the best campaign to me because it was simple and to the point. Aliens are invading, go kill those bastards. Halo 3 did have some great multiplayer though. Not quite as groundbreaking as Halo 2, but definitely the most polished in the series.

Back