hair rash?

M

migo**

I just noticed after grappling that on my inner thighs I'm developing red marks around the base of my hair, my best guess is that it's from getting my hair pulled around. Any suggestions on how to deal with this that doesn't involve shaving?

That's like what people get from waxing?? Seriously pour some 90 proof alcohol on that and stay clean.

what people would get from waxing would be ingrown hairs, and that's definitely not the problem here

follow Mogway's advice. you dont keep it super clean you run the risk of an MRSA infection, check that one out on the web, mostly gotten by football players and wrestlers, not fun stuff!

are you new to grappling? if so it might just be that your skin/body isn't used to the environment (you'll notice a lot of these little things go away after like 3 months of training)

I've had that problem before with surfboard wax pulling at my hairs. Eventually I just got used to it

it'll go away. the skin there is just sensitive. If you continue, it will disappear.

I've been grappling for 4 years now, this just turned up last week.

Interesting read on MRSA, won't really change anything since I already keep clean to avoid ringworm. I guess I'll also look into some long VT shorts.

migo said:
I've been grappling for 4 years now, this just turned up last week.

Interesting read on MRSA, won't really change anything since I already keep clean to avoid ringworm. I guess I'll also look into some long VT shorts.

Could it be your gitch? Try a different pair. Maybe the material is annoying it.

Back