Hair loss

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by ninjajesus, Apr 18, 2008.

1. ninjajesus

ninjajesus Banned Banned

Anyone here worried about it?
    Any way to prevent it?
    I noticed I can see my scalp from the back where my "crown" is. That kinda bugs me. Is that normal?

2. Loomy

Loomy Purple Belt

masturbate more

it might not fix your hair, but it will make you feel better

3. Mathias

Mathias Blue Belt

what the hell does this have to do with anything? lol.

I noticed when I was a low-fat Nazi that my hair always seemed to be real thin and I always thought I was losing it. I switched to whole milk and starting eating egg yolks instead of just whites and in general just started eating more fat and noticed a a big difference in the thickness of my hair. I've been searching for some studies involving this and haven't been able to find anything. I'd be interested to see some science behind it if there is an actual connection between lack of fat and hair loss.

4. uttsada

uttsada Purple Belt

Try massaging your scalp for a couple minutes everyday.

5. FoolGuard

FoolGuard White Belt

Use some Joe Rogaine

6. Zion

Zion Black Belt

You could use Rogain or Propecia. Are you using legal steroids/pre-cursers? you could use saw palmetto to help you more with that.

however, if you are destine to go bald, then your only hope is to go to some Bosley medical company where they take the back end hairs which never fall out and put in the areas where your hair is falling.

that surgery is fucking expensive i heard.

7. Cydewynder20

Cydewynder20 Green Belt

I first started noticing the thinning/receding in the front corners of my hairline when I was 24.

I was freaked out at first, but when I actually started checking out other guy's hairlines, I realized that I wasn't alone. In fact, MOST guys are showing some signs of recession by their mid 20's.

I briefly tried using Rogaine. I didn't use it long enough or consistently enough to say whether it works or not, simply because I couldn't stand using it. It makes your hair feel greasy, and it stinks.

I don't think I'll ever try Propecia, because it's expensive and I've heard the sides are not fun.

If they come up with some other "cure" sometime in the future I might consider it, but for now I'm just going to keep my hair cut short and take it like a man, come what may.

I guess this doesn't help you much, but it helps to talk about it :D

8. jaymitchnj

jaymitchnj I

Cut your hair shorter

9. ronin0352

ronin0352 Lift, Eat, Sleep, Repeat

eh, just shave it, beat nature to the punch. Not that I speak from experience or anything

10. z0nk

z0nk Blue Belt

Get a prescription for propecia from your doctor. The earlier you start on it the better.

11. noobloser

noobloser Yellow Belt

Shave it. You'll easily look twice as tough. Think Bas Rutten.

12. ninjajesus

ninjajesus Banned Banned

I'm not really worried about the front. I noticed to that it seems like almost all white guys have the front part of their hair recede at the corners a little. I'm 24 and it's been like that for like a year. It kinda happened without me noticing.
    But what I'm talking about is the back part of your head where your hair kinda spirals outward. I can see my scalp, but I was wondering if that was due to any hair loss or because it's where my hair is parted and layed to one side so that I can see my scalp.
    Not to mention my hair is almost black and I'm really pale, especially my scalp, so it shows more.

Is the bald gene from the mother's side? Cause those bastards have full heads of hair. My father's side is pretty bad looking though. He's bald, 1 of his brother is bald and his dad is bald. His other brother is starting to lose his hair though, but he's over 50 now.
    Does that really work? I guess it couldn't hurt.

13. wvboy

wvboy Brown Belt

Cut your hair short or shave it off. Also, nobody really cares what your hair looks like. I've been losing hair for a couple years now and nobodies disowned me yet. Plus, most women I meet like my shaved head.

14. Mathias

Mathias Blue Belt

I read in Men's Health(lol) that a man's hair gene comes from their mother's father.

15. JinKazama

JinKazama Red Belt

i use rogaine and saw palmetto

with my family history of male pattern baldness i been preppin for the inevitable since about the 3rd grade

and im 27 right now

i kid you not

16. ninjajesus

ninjajesus Banned Banned

So how is it working for you?

17. stylesbjj**

stylesbjj** Banned Banned

I heard fish oil might do something

18. Torka

Torka White Belt

Shave your head. There's not many guys around who don't look fine with a shaved head if they're in good shape.

19. Graver

Graver Blue Belt

+1

i heard that too...you should be taking fish oil already anyways :)

everyone should

20. Pug Ugly

Pug Ugly White Belt

Oh man, I hear ya.. I started shaving my head to the skin when I was 14 years old.. I did that until I was 21 and when it grew back in there was way less than before hahaha.. Balding at 21 sucks.. I'm 27 now and I actually have a quarter sized spot on the crown of my head with *no* fucking hair on it and a widow's peak the size of lake michigan... Pretty soon it's Mach 3 time again I guess..