Had a MayMac moment playing tennis

No matter how much you'd like to deny it, MMA is light years closer to fighting than boxing will ever be. I'm not trying to offend you. It's simply the truth.
I have been in fights where a simple cross was all that was required. Really. Douche charges in and lights out. In that case boxing was closer to fighting than MMA, since there was zero grappling. My clothes stayed clean. There are definitely fights where boxing is the ideal tool. And that's not hypothetical bullshit. Its my experience.

I have been in fights where a simple cross was all that was required. Really. Douche charges in and lights out. In that case boxing was closer to fighting than MMA, since there was zero grappling. My clothes stayed clean. There are definitely fights where boxing is the ideal tool. And that's not hypothetical bullshit. Its my experience.
I am interested in high-level fights...you seem interested in low-level fights more than likely due to your experience

I didn't, you did.
I didnt but you cant comprehend what you read.
Youre a slow son of a bitch that thought conor would win thats how stupid you are, after your boy got whooped on you went into a state of denial.
Your hero got crushed on the 26th.

You can't punch people in the face in MMA? MMA was still closer to fighting in your example than boxing, if only because you have much smaller gloves in MMA. There is no scenario where boxing is closer to real fighting, because MMA has everything boxing has and more.

I am interested in high-level fights...you seem interested in low-level fights more than likely due to your experience
No, you are interested in MMA not "fights". That explains your disdain for boxing. Ultimately its a "my art is best" mindset that I've seen for 4 decades. You try to justify it by this wrongheaded notion that only MMA is relevant for "real fighting", when in fact certain aspects of MMA training can be disastrous for real fights (certain aspects of ALL fightsports are). So, my guess is that you've never actually been in a real "fighting-for-your-life" type of fight. Boxing is sometimes the ideal skillset for a real fight, sometimes not. I am not diminishing the excellence of MMA for real-fighting, but for the same reason I do not diminish boxing or BJJ or Muay Thai for real fighting. And, for the record, real fighting is most often done by stupid, drunk idiots, so using that as an importance metric for anything is juvenile.

You can't punch people in the face in MMA? MMA was still closer to fighting in your example than boxing, if only because you have much smaller gloves in MMA. There is no scenario where boxing is closer to real fighting, because MMA has everything boxing has and more.
The point is that when all you need to do is counter-punch somebody moving forward, that's boxing and the fight is over. Boxing was 100% relevant here and, I suppose you could say, more efficient. You're going to be more successful in this scenario if you are an excellent boxer who cannot grapple than if you were a mediocre boxer and a mediocre grappler. I am not trying to diminish the excellence of MMA for real-fighting situations, by the way. Also, just because your training methods involve "everything" doesn't make it awesome for real fighting. Krav Maga, for example, is by your standards much better for real fighting than MMA. But is it really better for real fighting? No way.

No, you are interested in MMA not "fights". That explains your disdain for boxing. Ultimately its a "my art is best" mindset that I've seen for 4 decades. You try to justify it by this wrongheaded notion that only MMA is relevant for "real fighting", when in fact certain aspects of MMA training can be disastrous for real fights (certain aspects of ALL fightsports are). So, my guess is that you've never actually been in a real "fighting-for-your-life" type of fight. Boxing is sometimes the ideal skillset for a real fight, sometimes not. I am not diminishing the excellence of MMA for real-fighting, but for the same reason I do not diminish boxing or BJJ or Muay Thai for real fighting. And, for the record, real fighting is most often done by stupid, drunk idiots, so using that as an importance metric for anything is juvenile.
Your errors lie in your inability to realize that MMA encompasses boxing.

I didnt but you cant comprehend what you read.
Youre a slow son of a bitch that thought conor would win thats how stupid you are, after your boy got whooped on you went into a state of denial.
Your hero got crushed on the 26th.
You are clueless and delusional.

Punching is an aspect of fighting...as is wrestling, submissions, etc.

A fight allows all of these aspects. Obviously.
Obviously another large aspect of fighting is effectively using your environment.

Looks as though these random guys are better at fighting than these pro mma fighters.

Obviously another large aspect of fighting is effectively using your environment.

Looks as though these random guys are better at fighting than these pro mma fighters.
By that logic computer programmers are the ultimate fighters then

No, they wouldn't be in proximity of the blast.
Huh, they also carry the means to launch a hydrogen bomb? Think you're confusing programmers with governments and yes governments pretty much are the ultimate fighters. They'll fuck you up no matter what lol

Back