Hacran "Barnabe" Dias

FedorandBjpenn

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Who da heck is this guy and will he be a contender?

21-1 (9 fight win streak)

He beat Iuri Alcantara at ufc 147

Iuri Alcantara Koed FW contender Ricardo Lamas in 2010 at WEC 53

Ricardo Lamas
is on a 3 fight win streak with victories over Swanson and Hioki'

Mma math is useless but I just found it interesting.. :icon_twis

He would fight Mendes at FX 6. A win would catapult him to the top no doubt.

He would fight Mendes at FX 6. A win would catapult him to the top no doubt.

He is fighting Mendes?

Its just kind of a messed up situation that this guy beat that guy, and that guy beat this guy, but this guy is on a winning streak, but this guy got beat by that other guy lol

He is fighting Mendes?

Its just kind of a messed up situation that this guy beat that guy, and that guy beat this guy, but this guy is on a winning streak, but this guy got beat by that other guy lol

No, he would but got injured. Then Mendes fought someone I don't remember.

I'm sure a year ago we had a thread saying the same thing about Alcantara. Lets give Dias a couple more UFC fights against top level competition until we can talk about contendership.

I'm sure a year ago we had a thread saying the same thing about Alcantara. Lets give Dias a couple more UFC fights against top level competition until we can talk about contendership.

Alcantara was on his way to the top until he got beaten by Hacran. Dude is legit, best wrestler at Nova Uniao and a serious BJJ blackbelt.

He is fighting Mendes?

When Mendes fought that last minute replacement in his last fight - Hacran was his originally scheduled opponent before he was injured.

He's a great grappler. I don't know much about his striking.
His fight against Alcantara was impressive.

I've seen most of his fights, and believe me when I say, he's not far from being a top 5 FW even now, considering the fact that I don't see him losing to no one but maybe Aldo, Mendes and Edgar.

His record is impressive, but I would like to see him in at least one more fight against someone like Mendes (meaning a relatively well-rounded fighter with strong wrestling) before considering him to be "in the mix" (whatever that means).

If Hioki beats Guida, I would love to see him fight Dias. If that fight would end with a submission, the winner would most certainly prove himself to be the #2 FW grappler, right behind Yahya.

Back