Hackers are holding a hospitals computers hostage.

jefferz

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Bunch of evil cocksuckers

that's what happens when you piss off the nerdy janitor

There are lines you simply don't cross... Even as a criminal.

This would be one of those lines.

It's probably a good thing I'm not in charge of the criminal justice system. lol. But people like this would definitely be getting what they deserved.

Maybe dude was a patient at said hospital and they charged him $20 for an asprin.

Anonymous needs to swoop in, & do some vigilante-style hack on hack crime.

God I hate cyber criminals. If you're going to hold an organization for ransom, target a fucking a profitable, non-essential service, like a sports team or something. Patients lives could be in the balance. This is straight up terrorism for profit.

12599944-robber-pointing-a-pistol-at-a-computer-keyboard-Stock-Photo-computer-virus-gun.jpg

The people doing it deserve death

But it's also infuriating how many multimillion (or billion) $ corporations don't take cybersecurity seriously. At all.

I've lost count of how many times my personal information has been "compromised" in a "security breach".
(But the execs will still collect their 6-8 figure compensation, despite their negligence)

I see this a lot at my job. Someone comes in and tells is their computer has been compromised and they want us to remove the virus and reclaim their files. I have to give them the bad news that ransomware malware is nearly impossible to crack and that the only way to get your files back is to pay the ransom. Its digital hostage taking is what it is and it happens a lot.

God dammit. They're going to make my department do sooooo many extra cyber security classes/seminars/courses after this bullshit.

Anonymous consists mostly of script kiddies with too much time on their hands and access to premade tools. These data extortionists are a part of Russian organized crime syndicates. They're not in the same league. It'd be like teenage graffiti artists going after the Hell's Angels.

The hospital gave in and payed part of a ransom
A Hollywood hospital faced with an alarming 21st-century dilemma caved in and paid a $17,000 ransom to hackers holding its computer systems hostage.

Back