Guy Makes Working Calculator In Super Mario Maker

KILL KILL

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
So this is absolutely incredible. The amount of time and creativity it must have taken is astounding.

So in the first portion, you can clearly see numbers laid out at the very bottom. The players has the option of choosing to add two numbers by breaking the blocks above the designated numbers.

The second part is just flat out chaotic. I had to watch it twice to really grasp what was going on. There is just shit flying everywhere and once it's over, the sum of the two numbers you chose appears in ice blocks.

The way it works is that an initial shell falls through the first area. Depending on what blocks you broke (above the designated numbers), the shell sets off a chain reaction that leads to the formation of the proper sum at the end. Totally genius.

That is.. something else. Wow.

I wish you could get a video of just the ice blocks being chipped away to get an idea of how complicated that would be on its own.

I needed to be reminded that I'm a talentless f***. :oops:

And I thought Panga's levels were the most brilliant... Crazy

Ridiculously complex.

If I understand correctly, what makes this amazing is because its Super Mario, which is not a calculator. He has figured out a way to make the game code calculate the two numbers through the movement of the character within its surrounding environment. In other words, even a calculator must have a very specific set of code to accomplish the tasks requested of it but in this case he used alternative code/movement to accomplish the calculations with the bonus that the movement of the environment has also correctly chipped away from solid blocks the correctly displayed answer.

If I understand correctly, what makes this amazing is because its Super Mario, which is not a calculator. He has figured out a way to make the game code calculate the two numbers through the movement of the character within its surrounding environment. In other words, even a calculator must have a very specific set of code to accomplish the tasks requested of it but in this case he used alternative code/movement to accomplish the calculations with the bonus that the movement of the environment has also correctly chipped away from solid blocks the correctly displayed answer.

Basically, but I think your description was a bit complicated.

He created a series of information gates. At its base, all computers work in the same manner.

Basically, but I think your description was a bit complicated.

He created a series of information gates. At its base, all computers work in the same manner.

giphy.gif

Basically created this on a video game

arithmometer.jpg

I'm not impressed. Just like automatic levels. Not impressed.
Make a level that's unique and fun that makes me want to play more. Then I'll be impressed.

I'm not impressed. Just like automatic levels. Not impressed.
Make a level that's unique and fun that makes me want to play more. Then I'll be impressed.

....He engineered a computer using turtle shells and blocks.

Back