Gustavo Siri Pires - Las Vegas Open Videos

hustles

Green Belt
Reaction score
This is Gustavo's final matches from weight (Pesado) and open weight in the masters black belt division. I also competed and lost both my matches. Learning experience for sure, was my first competition at purple. Unfortunately wasn't able to get my fights on video.

Gracie Barra Mission Viejo

Last edited:
Siri is one tough hombre, it was great having him teach at RGA in London.

nice matches.

nice foot sweep by his opponent in the second vid, but domination by pires the rest of the match.

Two great matches...I like the pull/sweep/armbar combo in the first vid. Great recovery from an excellent foot sweep right to guard pass in the second. Nice mount control. Looked like Roger there for a minute going for the front choke.

Thanks for sharing.

Two great matches...I like the pull/sweep/armbar combo in the first vid. Great recovery from an excellent foot sweep right to guard pass in the second. Nice mount control. Looked like Roger there for a minute going for the front choke.

Thanks for sharing.

Definitely.... that foot sweep was beautiful. Siri said he was trying to set up for a flying triangle and the timing of the foot sweep was just so spot on he was put down fast. We gave him a hard time :)

He also had one match in no-gi, I believe against Diego Herzog, which he won 2-0 I think (I was warming up and didn't get to video that one). He pulled out after that match because his blood pressure went through the roof and he was shaking and looking really sick. I think Lovato wasn't happy he didn't get a chance for the rematch.

Go Sirizao. ^_^

Monster!

Take care,

Oli

P.S. Bad luck on your results. First few comps at purple are always a bit difficult. You'll get into it next time!

Go Sirizao. ^_^

Monster!

Take care,

Oli

P.S. Bad luck on your results. First few comps at purple are always a bit difficult. You'll get into it next time!

Thanks Oli! I actually felt really good in the gi match and was up on points. Just got too excited, was sloppy passing the guard after a sweep, and left my arm out. Definitely a good learning experience.

Back