Gustafsson vs. Hunt

SaintSoldier

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Hypothetically, Gus moves up to HW and fights Hunt, and Gus weighs about 230 lbs.

Who wins this?

Gus via speed, good movement and good use of reach.

Mark Hunt is 40 years old and battle worn but he still has some power. His performance against Bigfoot was solid and Gus would get a real beating if he decided to stand with Hunt. Gus' best bet is to try to take the fight to the ground. Either way, this fight makes no sense.

Gus wins pretty similar to how JDS did, though he probably knocks Hunt out with an uppercut and not a kick.

Gus wins pretty similar to how JDS did, though he probably knocks Hunt out with an uppercut and not a kick.

LOL. Gus would win a decision with good movement and boxing. He wouldn't stand in the pocket with Hunt like JDS did and no way would he win by KO.

Mark Hunt is 40 years old and battle worn but he still has some power. His performance against Bigfoot was solid and Gus would get a real beating if he decided to stand with Hunt. Gus' best bet is to try to take the fight to the ground. Either way, this fight makes no sense.

?? just distance put on jab clinic easy win unless hunt could slip jab and get inside but at 40 I think those days are past him on the feet or on the ground this fight is easy win for gus

Why couldn't he win by KO?

I wouldn't count on it. Gus isn't feather fisted by any means, but he's definitely not as big of a puncher as Junior, or say, Manhoef. Sure anything can happen and if Hunt got caught at the perfect time he can get knocked out, but i'd bet on a Gus UD.

Hunt is old, getting slower and his chin has started to decline.

One KO loss in 6 years and suddenly Hunts glassjawed and Gustaffson can KO him with one punch. MMA fan logic at its most mental but predictable. Alex doesn't have the chin to be able to absorb Hunts shots like JDS did and trade punches so freely.

Alex wins a UD or Hunt via KO.

20679_gsp_no.png

^The only decent answer to this question.

One KO loss in 6 years and suddenly Hunts glassjawed and Gustaffson can KO him with one punch. MMA fan logic at its most mental but predictable. Alex doesn't have the chin to be able to absorb Hunts shots like JDS did and trade punches so freely.

Alex wins a UD or Hunt via KO.

Not glassjawed by any means and I dont think Alex would 1 punch KO him, but at Hunts age you have to start considering his chin probably isnt what it used to be. He got KO`d against JDS and dropped against Bigfoot. Hard hitting opponents but it may be a somekind of sign his age has finally started to show.

Back