Gus vs Jones only works if Gus wins.

Wooting

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I thought Gus won the first fight, and Iam rooting for him to win the second fight but the UFC just kinda blows their wad immediately when it comes to JDS/Cain and Bones/Gus. Andy/Wiedman. If Gus loses then noone will really care to ever see him fight for the title again, his stock will plummet. I think the UFC is terrified of Gus losing and them losing out on the payday.

All these rushed fights and they never gave us GSP vs Andy. Maybe they are trying to not repeat their mistake of losing out on a big money fight but they lose the hype and star power in Gus if he gets beat again after only 1 fight.

True hype comes from him destroying 3 more opponents and Jones defendings a few more times and the titans meet again. Not rushing it as fast as humanly possible.

I thought Gus won the first fight

Stopped reading here.

9153159a-5deb-40c7-8342-19e5644a413e.jpg

it is a bit soon and i worrie what a second loss will do to his career. I do think he's so young both in age and in fightgame overall, that i don't fear he will loose motivation and suddenly start losing to average lhw's. He will beat almost everyone and get a win streak going.

he could probably get a last third shot and if that fails too, then he will be older and filled out and HW could be next.

let's hope it doesn't come to that and he wins and has great wars with Jones and Cormier

That would work for any fight against a contender and champion.

Also Gus is a pretty exciting fighter in cage so I dont think Gus fans and people will stop watching him fight if he loses to Jones.

He will be in limbo though and probably will never get another chance at the belt as long as jones is champion.

Cormier beats both right now... so Gus is screwed if he wins rematch before Jones fights DC because Gus will just lose it to DC right away.

It's to Gus' advantage to let DC go first.

Disagree in that I agree with the judges that JBJ won the first fight (and I see him winning the second fight by stoppage).

Having said that, I agree that the UFC screwed this up by rematching them so quickly. They'll get great viewership for this but it won't compare to what it would be if they both defeated 2-3 more opponents and the hype continued to build.

Now, if JBJ wins as I think he will, Gus has nowhere to go in the division. Losing twice to the champ means he will have a lnog, long, long road to getting a title shot against JBJ again. He basically gets stuck being young, talented LHW with nowhere to go but grow into HW (which he easily could do).

It's a waste of opportunity when the UFC could/should have focused on building those two while creating more opportunity for fighters further down i nthe top 10. I've asked this before but when is the last non title/JBJ fight that anyone truly cared about? The only LHW fights being made with real hype are JBJ vs whoever is up next. Every other exciting fighter wastes time fighting overmatched opponents killing time until they get a shot at JBJ.

All these rushed fights and they never gave us GSP vs Andy.

Because one guy is a WW and the other a MW/LHW and neither wanted to move to the other.

Cormier beats both right now... so Gus is screwed if he wins rematch before Jones fights DC because Gus will just lose it to DC right away.

It's to Gus' advantage to let DC go first.

Well then you should let us know next weeks lottery numbers.

Stopped reading here.

9153159a-5deb-40c7-8342-19e5644a413e.jpg

Who the fuck cares about your opinions now that you're not using the rainbow-colored text? "DeepSkyBle" ain't cutting it.

Why does everyone assume Jones will be the champ for the next 10+ years?

Imagine if they didn't do Gus vs Jones now and Gus lost his next fight. Then they might really miss out on a big rematch.

Looking at this from a positive view,I think someone will burst onto the LHW scene and destroys opponents before challenging for the belt.You never know!

I thought Gus won the first fight, and Iam rooting for him to win the second fight but the UFC just kinda blows their wad immediately when it comes to JDS/Cain and Bones/Gus. Andy/Wiedman. If Gus loses then noone will really care to ever see him fight for the title again, his stock will plummet. I think the UFC is terrified of Gus losing and them losing out on the payday.

All these rushed fights and they never gave us GSP vs Andy. Maybe they are trying to not repeat their mistake of losing out on a big money fight but they lose the hype and star power in Gus if he gets beat again after only 1 fight.

True hype comes from him destroying 3 more opponents and Jones defendings a few more times and the titans meet again. Not rushing it as fast as humanly possible.

I watched the fight a second time, thought, Gus was going to win but gave it slightly to Jones. What caused Gus to lose was his cardio in the 4th and 5th. That is why Gus started hunching, which lead, to Jones elbows. I think Jones is acting this way because if he wins, he doesn't want a third match. I see Gus taking it this time though, but, Jones has so many tools he can make it look like the 1st match was some other person. We will see

Who the fuck cares about your opinions now that you're not using the rainbow-colored text? "DeepSkyBle" ain't cutting it.

It's not an opinion, it's a factual rendering of the fight result.
On the other hand regarding your opinions...

6umjq8knfqywjzi0s3c89nffa.500x417x1.jpg

Last edited:
What if Gus fights DC or the one without weight and loses? What if one of them then beats Jones also? What if DC breaks Jones' leg and hes out for 2 years?

What if Gus loses a close fight to Jones and then goes on a tear, beating cormier and 2,3 top contenders over the course of a year.

It works in every way, because we get a great fight now. Whoever wins or loses. And then things will keep happening and changing. You cant predict the future like that, especially in MMA. Gus is still young who knows where hel be in 3 years.

Also i think hel win.

it works if its an exciting fight and people pay to see it.

Back